Real Magic Doesn't Exist Part 2

Connor's POV

Watching as the back door came open, the blonde haired man walking out with another woman behind him. I was rather shocked to see them both walking towards me.

Lachlan: "I don't care what you want Gemma I need to know how this worked, You saw what he did and you people shrugged it off as basic sleight of hand."

Gemma: "There is nothing impressive about illusions and school yard tricks."

Bitch I will fucking slap you in your old wrinkly face.

Lachlan: "Well I need to know. Connor you still here?"

Connor: "Yeah still here. Heading to the dump after this to see if I can find some more parts."

Lachlan: "Oh uh, OK?"

Connor: "Simple stuff, Gemma seems to think it's just school yard stuff but let me perform the trick again."

So I did, went through all the previous steps only this time, asked Gemma to shuffle and sign the card. At the end, the fire burning and immediately transporting the deck to my pocket as her card was left.

Gemma: "So you have a deck of cards that will always be in your pocket while we burn the others?"

Connor: "Actually, you saw yourself that Lachlan's card was in that deck correct?"

Gemma: "Yes and now it's gone, burnt up like all the others."

Connor: "Except for yours because yours is still facing us on the ground, your name on it. Lachlan I won't touch it but can you reach into the pouch hanging on my hip and pull out the deck of cards."

He followed my actions and then pulled the cards out, searching through them all until...

Lachlan: "These are actually the same cards?"

As Lachlan handed over the cards to Gemma, I didn't have the heart to tell him that it's literally just a copy of the original deck, I have a deck filled with peoples names on it that I've shown this trick too, Everytime I do the show, I need to go find an individual card that was written on now to make the deck complete. But hey, I do like to keep a couple for fun.

Gemma: "These aren't the same cards, You can tell because your card has just been slipped into a fresh Deck."

Connor: "Look bitch I get it, you clearly don't get how technology can be used to fuck with people. I've been doing this for years, Now if you will excuse me, I have shit to do."

I pulled out a small, pure black ball out of my pocket and showed them, I didn't need to but hey it happened. As I threw it at the ground, causing the stereotypical cloud of smoke to appear and my body to become detangled, To fall apart only to be put together again atom by atom, faster than the eye can see right behind them from another tuft of smoke, this is my favourite invention, the only bad thing is, I need to have left a ball somewhere to teleport to it, obviously I can't go anywhere, but they don't know that.

Lachlan: "What the fuck?"

Connor: "Before I go."

I handed Lachlan a card with my number on it before waving, Throwing another ball at the ground and letting myself be taken home. It's probably one of if not the most uncomfortable feelings, feeling your body be torn apart on a molecular level and then being put back together again is one of the worst feelings in the world, it's like being put together like a puzzle piece but you aren't sure if it will all fit or not.

Connor: "I'm so glad that's over, that was pathetic."

I looked down the hall to see dad walking up to me, A glare on his face.

Dad: "Where did you go this time?"

Connor: "A talent show, winner would get a thousand dollars. Thought it might help you out with your alcohol problems, or you can gamble it away."

While distracting him with words, I grabbed my bag that was hanging over my chair as well as a few things I needed like my charger and a pen, Chucking it all into my bag before looking at my sperm donor looking angry, again.

Dad: "You have no right to come and go as you please."

Connor: "Technically I'm not coming or going, I'm appearing and disapearing, kind of like you for most of my life unless you had a bottle in your hand, I am the greatest mind of the 21st century, I created fucking magic, yet no one cares or believes it, so if you will excuse me, I'm going home because I have some more shit to do. I'm cutting you out of my pay as well. I'm going to the bank to cancel it, In the mean time, Fuck off and drop dead."

After appearing at my home, I wouldn't really call it a home but it has 4 walls and a roof, that's enough for me, I set my bag down on my work bench before walking over to my toilet, Closing the door and throwing up inside it. Moving around like that takes so much effort, mentally and physically, even though I'm being pulled apart and put together like a new toy, It was still a massive tax on my body. I remember when I first did it, I was cleaning up for the entire day from being sick. The inertia I felt was mind boggling, kind of like my magic tricks. I picked up my phone from the bench and placed my tech beside my bag, seeing one voice mail from a number I didn't know? I mean, Who still fucking sends a voice mail?

Lachlan: "Hey Connor it's Lachlan, Just wanted to make sure I had the right number, message me when you can yeah? Whatever it is or however it works. It's probably the most incredible thing I've ever seen in my life, I mean you teleported away from us and I have no idea where you are and that's crazy. Gemma still wasn't impressed but she's old and decrepit. I want to find a way to do a video with you, or something I don't know. Just, call me back or message me when you get the chance if you are interested OK?"

Huh, The big bad YouTube personality wants to make a video with little ol me, I wonder what he even has in mind. Maybe he wants to play assistant? Because I will not play second best. If he wants a video he can have it, but I don't care who he or his 5 million subscribers are, they will be paying attention to me or Lachlan, Distracting them from the real tricks.

Connor: "Videos can be paused rewound etc, I need to find something that literally can't be traced or found. But then again everything can be explained as simple editing. I already don't like this."