Chapter *34*

Guess who's birthday it is?

Mine!

I'm one year older, but don't feel different. I want it super low key this year. No parties or gatherings. I only asked for one thing. Money. That way I have full control over what I get with it. I'm too old for anything like toys or the clothes my mom buys me. I don't even want a party.

Super low-key.

I woke up on Sunday feeling energetic and like I was weightless. Of course I know that isn't true. I was still big and friendless, but I felt better about that resolution. I should expect a birthday message from Tyrie any second.

Ping!

Speak of the devil. I opened up my messages to see a pretty lengthy paragraph. My heart flipped at what he said. He really took his time to type of all this for me?

Happy Birthday to the most beautiful girl I've ever met. Tae you are so caring and understanding of other people's situations. As far as I know, you have never judged me for my past or listened to any of the rumors people spread. I have had this attraction to you the moment I met your ass. It was a sudden pull, and it felt like I was being lead to my destiny. Even while we were best friends, I wanted you. I still want you. I will always want YOU. No one else makes me feel this way. No other woman could ever come up to you and say that I love them more because that would be impossible. My whole heart is yours now. I'm so grateful to have you in my life, my world. From now on I can't call you pretty girl anymore. You are a beautiful woman starting today, and continuing forever. I love you baby.

P.S. if you let me, I'm tearing that ass up tonight.

~If you think you're horny now,
Wait until tonight Tae~

My mind is strange.

I didn't think I need to send him a long ass paragraph about how grateful and happy I was, so I just sent him a photo of me grinning with a light blush on my cheeks. I knew he would appreciate that more than words.

I go to church on Sundays. I picked out some jeans and off the shoulder top. My mama would fuss and my daddy would throw a fit, but it is my birthday. I can wear what I want now that I turned 18.

I walked downstairs and heard my dad choke on his morning coffee

"Little girl what the fuck are you wearing on the Lord's day? Don't get a whooping before bible study."

"Daddy language!",I laughed softly at his face.

He was a new kind of pissed off. I know that he thinks of me as his little girl, but I'm not so little anymore. He would understand if he was around more. I won't get into that now.