35. My Saturday

When I woke up the next morning, I was greeted by a neatly made bed that was empty. Emilia seemed to have already left my room by the fact that there were no traces of her. I slowly got up from my make-shift sleeping area on the floor, folded the blanket, and stored them back into the cabinet where I found them from.

I looked around my room, in awe at the fact that Emilia had left my room with no traces of her existence. She even sprayed air refresher in the room to rid it of her scent. It was as if she was never here before, gone without a trace. There wasn't even a single strand of her hair lying about on my bed as I lifted the bed sheets up. For some odd reason, I felt lonely despite her stay only being for two nights.

She had said something about having found her own place that is also in the building I reside in but on the lower floors. Therefore, she must be there at the moment and waiting for her furniture to arrive.

Without any further thought into the issue, I exited my room to head to the washroom. There, I brushed my teeth and washed my face so as to completely wake myself up for the morning. Afterwards, I then headed in the direction of the living room.

I was immediately greeted by the aroma of coffee as I emerged from the small hallway into the living room. Loriana sat on the couch with a cup of coffee on the coffee table as she watched the replay of a variety show that was being played on television. Because it was a Saturday, she didn't have to go to work and I didn't have to go to school. As I just stared there and observed her, I discovered that she seemed to be quite absorbed by the show, and when I looked over, I realized that it was a popular variety show that she enjoyed quite a bit. Usually, the show would air every Friday night, but yesterday with the Markus coming by, she wasn't able to enjoy it. Therefore, she must be quite glad that there were replays in the morning. Even if there wasn't, she'll be able to find the show on the many video streaming sites online.

Realizing that I was actually quite hungry, I walked over towards the dining table where she had set a plate with a few slices of toast and a jar of strawberry jam out for me along with a cup of coffee. I pulled a chair back and sat down. This seemed to have drawn Loriana's attention for she glanced over at me for a second but soon returned back to her show.

I sat there eating my breakfast in silence, using my phone to provide me with entertainment as I ate. I looked out the window, seeing that the world outside was underneath a dark cloudy sky with rain pouring down on the world. I grinned as I welcomed the rain. Rain always makes home feel extremely cozy, it's such a nice feeling when you know the world outside is wet and cold but you are completely dry and warm as you sit in the comfort of your home. Man don't I love that feeling.

What should I do for the day? I can catch up on some shows using my computer, and I could also play video games for the whole day. Even though I have homework due, but it's whatever. It's not like the material is hard or anything. I'll just write something on it and call it a day.

Just when I got up from my seat, carrying the empty plate with the coffee cup stacked on top of it with one hand and the jar of jam in my other hand back over to the kitchen area, I was stopped by Loriana.

"What do you want for lunch today?" she asked without looking over at me.

I set the empty plate down in the sink and walked over to the refrigerator to place the jar back in its original place. "I'm fine with anything," I said in a casual voice as I cleaned the plate and coffee cup I had used.

"Then let's go out for lunch today."

"Huh?"

I looked up in surprise at her sudden statement. My plans...all out the window.