[21] Nevermore

Glorious flames licked up the side of the dreaded palace, hopefully consuming the royal family she so hated.

Although she was merely 28, she was already a high ranking Anti spy, thanks to her father's encouragement and her will to destroy the Kims.

After all, Seokjin had rejected her best friend, and at the moment, that was all she really cared about.

Her cheeks glowed with pride, although she could not smile for fear of being spotted enjoying the demise of the powerful kingdom.

Surely this time, they would give up.

Surely Seokjin and Namjoon, at their young age, just recently taking the throne were incapeable of saving their nation now.

She slid her hood over her head, and began to run toward the meeting place they had agreed long before the plan to torch the entirety of Kim's capital.

While everyone else was panicked, Mina could not help but feel butterflies, (the good kind) and maybe finally, finally, her father would allow her to make her own decisions.

She and Minho would finally be allowed to be together.

Their success would result in her freedom, along with the never-ending success of her family and her future husband.

It was so dark in the forest, her boots groaning against various tree branches on the ground and leaves that adorned the sparse grass.

A hand suddenly clasped her waist, dragging her away, while another hand wrapped over her mouth, preventing her from screaming.

"Shushshushshush shush MINA," a voice she knew very well whispered.

Only he could do this to her.

She flipped around and firmly planted her lips against her secret lover.

When they separated, their grins matched, thrilled by their seeming success and their rebellious actions, making out and hooking up in secret, without her father's knowledge.

The moonlight revealed his beautiful face, the cool air sweeping across their bodies, pushing them closer together.

Then, after a moment, she slapped his arm.

"Why did you have to scare me like that?!" she still grinned, playful in tone and leaning in towards him again.

"So, no one would know or hear before we meet up," Minho smiled, softly brushing their lips together before sliding his fingers between hers.

She tugged on their intertwined hands, leading them toward the meeting place of the triumphant Antis.

They could hear loud whispers approaching, and regretfully their hands separated, returning the appropriate space between two spies that were DEFINETLY completely professional.