Chapter 1

A/N: Please for the love of God if you haven't read my other book Vampire's Pet read that before reading this in order to better understand the backstory and, well, the story in general.

~~~

22 Months Ago:

Many of the girls around me cried quietly as we stepped into our designated lines, waiting to be chained before we were to be shown.

They had a good reason to be.

All of the girls here had reached the age of sixteen and a half within the past month, an age that our Pet Mistress deemed old enough for us to be sold as pets.

We all knew that the odds of us being purchased were very high. Only rarely had there been any remaining pets after a showing.

My eyes turned up towards the back door as it opened. Four of the Pet Mistress' workers walked in carrying the shackles that we were going to wear.

The room immediately quieted as they did.

My line was towards the back, so we were going to be shackled and taken out last.

I took in a deep breath, wiping the tear that was running down my cheek.

Of course, I knew this day was coming, but now that it was actually here, I was scared.

This whole process made me wish that I had been transported to any other regular pet shop.

At least there I would have had the protection of at least some metal bars between me and any vampire that was interested in buying me.

But no, my Pet Mistress did things differently, which is one of the reasons she is so well known and respected amongst the vampire community.

Instead of having her shop open every day, she only opens it once a month, which tends to build up quite a crowd. She puts us on full display, having us stand in an orderly fashion so that the buyers can get a full glimpse of us.

Not to mention how she had us all in clothes that pretty much resembled a bikini to show off how flawless and free our skin was from injury.

She claims to have the healthiest and most untouched pets on the market.
Which, from what I could tell, was reasonably true.

We always had enough food to fill our stomachs, bi-monthly checkups, and well, anyone who acted out enough to deserve any physical punishment was sent automatically to the slaughterhouse.

So of course, most of us stayed on our best behavior at all times.

I stood straighter as the worker approached us.

My line consisted of just two other girls, both of whom were too my right.

The lines were organized by blood type, and I guess not a lot of people had AB positive.

Which pretty much guaranteed my purchase...

Which was no matter. I guess that will just make me an even greater pet.

Since there was no use trying to deny the fact that all I'm going to be in my life is a pet, I figured I may as well try to be a good one.

I had even already accepted the fact of my short life.

I extended my hands as the worker stood in front of me.

The shackles closed tight around my wrists, ensuring that I couldn't slip them off and escape.

A chain then connected my shackles to the other girl's shackles, having all three of us chained together in a line.

The back door was opened once again by the Pet Mistress.