Changes

Mipha's POV

I never thought I'd have a brother. I never put any thought into it. In fact, I never really paid attention to my surroundings. I felt I didn't have to. Four hours have gone by and nothing has really stirred. The silver and blue door separated me from my mother. I sat there on a bench that was glistening a pearl like blue. I could feel the beating of my heart raising faster. I couldn't wait to have a brother. I wouldn't be lonely, I would have someone to play with.

It felt like hours. The sun had already setted and time seemed to become irrelevant. Time seemed to slow down; it began feel like years were going by. A Zora veteran opens the door. I looked up from the ground. The veteran wore a sad expression on his face. My heart began to beat faster. Something had gone wrong. Oh Naydra! I hope everything's alright.

I was ushered into the room. I could see my baby brother a beautiful little egg. My brother was fine and perfect health. My mother though...there was no life in her eyes. No sigh of relief that her delivery was successful. 

"No...mom.." I uttered. I came closer to her limp body. My father pulled me away from her. The veterans began to take my mother's corpse away. I tried to pull away from my father. He started to escort me out of the room.

"NO!" I screamed, "NO! No! NO!" My father tried to calm me. I refused his hug and made a dash for somewhere safe. The last thing I saw before the delivery room was out of sight, was that egg that sat in still water. It sat there in a silver bowl.

How I hated that egg. It is a killer. It took a life just to be here. I don't see how that is kind, how that is appreciative. That thing is a scourge.

The days passed by in a flash. A couple of years had gone by since the queen's passing. Sidon sat in the middle of the plaza with not a smile, more of a thinking expression. He wondered why his sister always avoided him. What reason did she have? And what made it a good reason? Sidon walked up the stairs and around the corner to the King's chambers. He took a left to the corridors where his sister's room was.

He saw that the silver like door was open and he knew that that was his sister's room. He marched in with his tail fin hitting the floor occasionally. His sister sat at the edge of her bed and read a book. She didn't hear him come in.

"Hello!" Sidon shouted, "Dear sister! I was wondering if you would play with me today." Mipha looked up from her book with an annoyed expression on her face.

"Sorry, Sidon," she said with her usual voice. "I'm studying right now." Sidon was displeased with this answer. He put on his pout face.

"You always say that, sister." whined Sidon, "You've been saying that since I was born!" Mipha went back to her book but Sidon wasn't done talking.

"You're always locked in your room and you don't even speak to me!" cried Sidon. Mipha used her hand to make a 'go away' gesture. Sidon wasn't happy but respected her wish. He walked out the door then stood there for a minute.

"Sometimes," growled Sidon, "I wish you were never born!"  Mipha seemed agitated by this and grinded her teeth.

"Well I don't care! I could say the same for you too!" shouted Mipha. Sidon was stunned by this and tears started to form in his eyes. Mipha's angered expression weakened. Sidon began to cry and ran out of the room. Mipha started to feel a little bad for yelling at Sidon but didn't want to feel the guilt.

She tried to forget by reading her book. She couldn't. She felt bad and yet he was the reason that her mother was dead. Muzu her teacher her advisor came in with an angered expression.

"I saw Sidon crying." spoke Muzu, "Why is he crying?" Mipha pretended to not know. Muzu could tell that she was lying. Mipha is not a good liar so he saw through her easily.

"Mipha!" he growled, "What did you do?" Mipha kept a straight face as she spoke.

"I told him that I didn't want to play with him."

Muzu didn't believe her and said "I'm telling your father of your harsh treatment of Sidon." Mipha snorted.

"Do as you will," she remarked, "It won't make any difference." Muzu was shocked by her response.

"This is no way for a princess to act!" he roared. He left immediately and Mipha rolled her eyes and went to her book.

King Dorephan shouted for Mipha a week later. Sidon had disappeared and the Domain had guards searching for him. It was night time. Mipha walked up into the King's quarters where a angered king sat in his throne. He towered over Mipha and she could tell he was furious. Mipha stared at her surroundings. She didn't see Muzu nor Sidon.

"MIPHA." boomed Dorephan.

"Yes, father?" responded Mipha.

"I've heard that you have been rude to your brother."

"Oh, have I?"

"Yes, why have you been mean to your brother?"

"He's annoying."

"You're not good at lying what is the real grudge. Tell me."

"There is no anger."

"I'll believe that when Naydra appears. What is it really?"

"It is nothing."

"Spill it."

"There is nothing to spill."

"YOU START SPEAKING NOW OR I WILL PUNISH YOU!"

"No punishment you deliver, will be as hurtful as LOSING MY MOTHER!"

"WHAT DOES YOUR MOTHER HAVE TO DO WITH THIS?!"

"EVERYTHING! YOU LET HER DIE! SO DID MY BROTHER!"

"YOUR BROTHER IS NOT THE ONE TO BLAME FOR THIS!"

"THEN WHO?"

"No one."

"LIES"

"I mean it Mipha. This happens in life."

"SO it does, why wouldn't it?"

"Enough with your snarky attitude. This is no way a princess should act. Not in my palace!"

"Sure father, like I care."

"You should start caring! I'm done talking to you. You're grounded."

"What?!"

"You heard me. Go to your room...NOW!" Mipha walked away and began heading into the corridors with an annoyed expression on her face. Her father's voice called out to her once more and she turned her head.

"Mipha." he said with softness in his voice, "Think about how you want to be remembered. As a nasty Zora who looks out for only themself or something special."

"What would that special something be?" asked Mipha. Dorephan smiled.

"That is for you to decide but you won't find it without help or learning to forgive." Dorephan said hushly. Mipha nodded and walked away. Maybe it wasn't bad.

Maybe she could forgive her brother. Maybe it would take some time.

Alright so did you like the chapter? I promise the next one will come out sooner. Also I would like to hear your feedback.

One last thing there will be OCs added into this. Yeah other than that, Have a lovely day^^