Four

"Jungkook you're so annoying!" I yelled at my bodyguard. He was sixteen, only five years older than me, and yet he was acting as if he was some adult who had all this power over me. Eleven year old me did not approve.

"Ara you need to go to school," he pulled me along, gripping my wrist. He was trying to walk to me school, but I didn't want to go. School was pointless, I hated it, and I hated that Jungkook had to accompany me.

"I do not." I stopped walking and so did he. He didn't want to drag me along the ground, but I could tell he was thinking about it in his head. "You're always telling me what to do. You're no better than me what makes you allowed to do that?" I frown up at him. We never got along, always bickering and fighting. Jungkook was just in charge all the time and I hated it.

"Ara I'm going to drag you if I have to," Jungkook rolled his eyes at me. I sent him a testing glare as if to say 'you wouldn't.' Jungkook smirked at me and with one yank he was walking and dragging me by my arm along the sidewalk. I groaned as he did so. I guess I was going to school.

He wasn't dragging me along the ground as I thought. The only body part of mine that touched the ground were my feet, the sound of my shoes scraping against the sidewalk all that could be heard aside from Jungkook's footsteps.

"You are no fun," I whine.

"You're a pain in the ass," Jungkook turned and glared at me. He never stopped dragging me, he did it the whole way to school.

When he let go of my wrist at the school gates I bolted, hoping to get away from him, but knowing full well he would always catch me.

I ran into the street. Tires screeched and I let out a scream at the sight before me, a car was coming at me. Strong arms wrapped around my body suddenly and I felt myself hit the soft grass. My heart was beating out my chest. But I was alive.

"You are so stupid Ara," Jungkook sighed. He let go of me and started to assess me, making sure I wasn't hurt. I had no cuts or bruises but I was definitely scarred.

Jungkook ran his fingers along my cheek and closed his eyes. "Are you okay?" He asked, opening his eyes again. It took me a minute but I nodded. Jungkook stood up then, extending his hand for me, this time I took it.

He walked me into school the whole way, all the way to my classroom as usual. But this time he walked me to my desk, earning a few stares from the people around me. When I sat down he crouched by my desk and looked at me with soft eyes.

"If you want to go home, just go to the office and I will come get you," he whispers. I was shocked at his words, but nodded slowly. "Have a good day at school Ara," he stood up and left. Girls in my class giggled as he went by, probably crushing on the older boy.

But I watched him go with unwavering curiosity. This was the first time since we'd met a year ago Jungkook had saved my life.

-

"What do we do?" Hoseok asked. "How can this be?" He ran his fingers through his hair, feeling flustered.

"There's no way she's Ara," Yoongi shook his head.

"Hello," I chimed in. "Still here."

"Shut up," Jimin snapped at me. I stuck my tongue out at him. Jungkook pointed at me nodding his head.

"That's Ara," He said confidently. I just rolled my eyes at him.

"Ara, Indigo, I don't care what you call me," I smile fakely at the four boys. "But can we play who's who later?" I knew this was no time for jokes but I couldn't help myself. Yes I trained to be calm and collected, to protect myself. But I was still an eighteen year old girl who was a little scared at the situation she was in. And trying to be funny was my only coping mechanism.