Chapter 48

Natalie's

I sigh as I finish wiping down the last few tables before my shift ends. Slipping my phone out my pocket I take a look at the time and realize Xander will be here pretty soon. Slipping my phone back in my pocket I carry the last couple of trays to the kitchen. I go to my locker and begin to search for my change of clothes until I here footsteps behind me. Turning around I'm met face to face with the last person I'd ever expect to see.

Gabby.

"Hey Nina. Umm..its it alright if we talk? I know it's been a while." Nodding my head I give her a curt smile before we each take a seat on the bench. "First I just want to say I'm really really sorry for how I acted when you came to visit my family. You were trying to tell us about your happiness and I know I really got in the way of that. I was a horrible friend to you and I said some things that I didn't mean. I was just jealous at the fact that you got like the perfect guy and you're life is some much better than mine and I couldn't even find the guts to dump that guy that constantly cheats on me".

I furrow my eyebrows at her. "Couldn't?"

She gives me a said smile and nods her head. "Yeah. Couldn't. Kyle dumped me a week ago. He said I wasn't girlfriend material." I notice as tears begin to flood her eyes and I immediately pull her into a comforting hug. "H-he said he n-never really l-liked me. He was just using me for a good time." She lets out a sob as I continue to ssh her cries and rub her back in circles. "Gabby. It's going to be ok alright? You're going to be fine. I know it hurts a lot right now but believe me when I tell you you're gonna get through this. I'm here for you and I promise you you're not alone. Look at me."

She peeks up at me slowly. "You're going to meet a man that worships the ground you walk on. And Kyle will meet his match on day too but just because he was jerk to you doesn't mean you can never find happiness again. You will one day, I promise."

"You're such a good friend Natalie. How can you be so kind when I treated you so terribly?". I just simply smile at her. "Because I care about you Gabby. Friends fight all the time but most of them end up coming together again and I hate when we fight."

"I do too. Do you forgive me?"

"Already have. And besides, I need my quick advice to help plan my baby shower." She looks at me confused but soon catches on and gives breaks out with the widest grin before hugging my neck ."OH MY GOD!! IM GONNA BE AN AUNTIE!!! YASSS!!!!!". We both break out into hysterical laughs before trying to control our excitement. "When did this happen Nina like how long have you known you were pregnant?"

"Well that's the crazy part. I've been pregnant for a month now but I never knew. The doctor said most women don't show any signs until a few weeks later."

"So does this mean Xander knows about your heart condition?" Smiling softly I give her a gentle nod. "He does. He wasn't too happy I kept it from him at first but everything is ok now. But the doctor did say I'm going to have to take it a lot easier than usual to make sure the baby stays healthy so I absolutely no stress and I can't do much work."

"Good because as your friend I won't let you and I'm sure that beautiful billionaire boyfriend of yours won't let you either."

We continue to talk for a while longer until she had to go home and so called "Make baby shower plans" while I waited for Xander. After changing my clothes I grabbed my bag and headed outside in front of the diner. I feel my stomach crumble and smile down it. "Aww my little baby is hungry. Don't worry we'll eat something soon." I rub my belly and close my eyes as I take it the fresh air. All of a sudden I feel a hand on my arm before it turns me around and I'm met with dark brown eyes. I resist the urge to let out a gasp as I stare at very angry Andrew.

"What do you want Andrew? I told you I don't want to see you anymore so I think it's best you leave." He smirks which makes me even more uncomfortable. God Xander please get here quick. "No sweetie. I won't leave. Not until I get what I want and I want....you". I begin to back away from him slowly. "You can't have me and I belong to Xander." I continue to back away until my back hits the brick wall behind me as he cages his arms on either side of my head. He leans down and whispers in my ear and I shudder at the fear of his closeness. "You may think Xander can protect you from me but in reality that's not likely. You were mine from the very beginning and you will always be."

Anger bubbles in me at the thought that this man really thinks he can control me. So I do the next best thing I thought to do. I knee him where the sun doesn't shine and make a run for it down the street. I feel my heart pumping very loudly in my chest and my breath increase. All I know is I have to get away from that man. I hear my phone ring in my pocket and finding a tree to hide behind I take it out and answer.

"Angel where are you? I thought you were going to wait outside for me."

"I was but I'm kinda on the run from Andrew at the moment and I don't know why but he came to the diner and now he's after me."

"Fuck! Ok hold on baby I'm almost there."

Not even 2 minutes later I see Xander's SUV head towards me and Xander rushes out before pulling me in his arms tightly. "It's ok my love. Everything is ok alright? I'm here now". He cups my face as he kisses my forehead, nose and lips. He picks me up carrying me bridal style and places me in the the back seat of the car before getting in himself. On the ride back I simply lay my head on his chest as his muscular arm locks around my waist. I feel a light flutter in my stomach before hearing another grumble. "Let's get you and our peach something to eat angel".

He places a kiss to my forehead and a hand to my tummy, rubbing it softly and I place my hand on his.

We ended up picking up some pizzas on the way home and the rest of the day we stayed in bed watching romance movies and feeding each other chocolate covered strawberries. I learned Xander's men ended up finding Andrew on the run earlier and took him to his warehouse. I truly hope they don't kill but after what he did today I know I don't care anymore.