Chapter 19

One month later
Deyjah Harris
I raised up and seen Clarence still knocked out with his hands in his pants making me laugh a little and get out the bed.

Today is thanksgiving and when I tell you I already can't wait till the food is done like I'm sooo hungry.

Clarence family and my family were gonna come to our house for thanksgiving and help me cook thanksgiving dinner.

Me and Clarence moved in our new house last month and we're honestly in love with it.

The kids has their own room and we're in the process of painting the new baby's room as we speak.

Nobody but family knows where we live not even Joyce knows. When it's Clarence week to have the kids he goes and gets the kids and when he dropping them off he goes and drop them off at their mom and I sometimes go with him.

I turned 5 months on the 17th of this month and my stomach is getting bigger and bigger by the day I just Pray it don't get too big for me to handle because I'm only 5 months and I look like I'm 8 months.

My parents & siblings will be here along with Clarence parents, siblings and nieces and nephews.

Clarence mom and my mom was already here cooking the food getting everything ready.

His kids were already here and so was my parents and siblings.

The only ones who weren't here yet was Clarence siblings and his nieces and nephews.

I walked downstairs and seen Clarence mama and my mama talking and laughing while cooking the food.

When they noticed me they smiled and told me to come in the kitchen.

"Good morning" I hugged my mama and Carmen.

"Good morning baby" mama hugged me as Carmen kissed my forehead.

"Where Clarence at?" Carmen asked.

"He still sleep" I told them as they frowned.

"It's thanksgiving go wake his lazy self up I need y'all to run to the store to get me some cornbread and mac and cheese" Mama said as I laughed.

"How y'all forget the main stuff that goes in the food?" I asked them as they laughed.

"We always do. Every year" Carmen said making us laugh.

"Ok imma go wake Clare up" I said jogging to the stairs.

"Ayyye stop running you know you can't be running with a belly like that and knowing you real clumsy" Mama yelled as I chuckled.

"Yes ma'am I'm sorry" I yelled out as I laughed.

I went upstairs and seen Clarence still sleeping so peacefully.

"Clarence wake up" I shook Clarence gently as he moved a lil bit.

"Whyyyy?" He groaned turning around.

"Because my mama and your mama told us to go to the store and get some cornbread and macaroni and cheese" I told him as he frowned.

"How they forget the main things they need to make a thanksgiving dinner" Clarence said still asleep as I laughed.

"Same thing I said but black people always forget something" I told him as he chuckled a little bit. "But come on before the stores be out of the stuff we need"

"It's only like 3 stores that's open probably not even that.. it's thanksgiving stores not really gonna be open" Clarence as I rolled my eyes a lil bit.