Chapter 72

I took a deep breath as I finished tieng the balloon. I cleaned the sweat of my forehead with the sleve of my shirt and sat down on the couch.

Fifty-eight balloons in total. I would have never guessed that I'd be doing this type of thing for anyone In the whole wide world. Anyone but Isabella. It was Isabella's nineteenth birthday today and we were making sure that her morning would already start with a surprise.

She loved surprises. Well no surprise in that.

When Felix told me to take care of the balloons I agreed even though it was the last thing I wanted to do. Surprise parties weren't really my thing, but I'd do it for Isabella. Whilst I took care of the decorations. Felix went out to get Isabella's most favorite sweets, and Chris. Chris was busy with buying her gifts. It was quite a shock for me when he woke me up middle of the night, telling me how he needed my help in something very important.

"What happened? What's wrong?" I asked Chris in panic as I looked him up and down. He was wearing a pair of black sweatpants and a white wife-beater.

"You have to help me!" He said calmly. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. He turned on the light in my room, making it hard for me to see. I squinted my eyes as I tried to adjust my vision.

"Since when do you need my help?" I asked him bitterly. I noticed his eyes on my body and I looked down. I was wearing a short night dress which was far too revealing. Immediately I took the jacket on my bed and sprung it over myself.

He cleared his throat and looked me in the eyes.

"It's Isabella's birthday" He said in the most serious tone ever. I raised an eyebrow at him. Clearly I knew it was her birthday.

"So you woke me up at four AM to tell me that it's your sisters birthday?" I asked in annoyance. He glared at me.

"No. I need your help with buying her a gift" He muttered, causing me to scowl at him.

"At freaking four in the morning?" I asked him sarcastically. He rolled his eyes.

"Yes, Gabriella. At five in the morning! Isabella loves surprises and this year I wanted something special. Anya would always help with something, but this year it went out of control. I need you to come to the store with me!" He exclaimed.

And that's how me and Chris ended up in his car at four in the morning. Riding to the city center to buy Isabella her gifts. Don't get me wrong, Isabella was my best friend. She was just like a sister to me. I would do anything for her. But to have Chris wake me up at four in the morning and drag me out wasn't quite in my bucket-list.

"What about this?" He asked me, showing me a dress. I shook my head as I decided to take matters into my own hands.

"You know your sister, Chris. Drive to the fancy stores. Is there any Channel here?" I asked him. He nodded. After I chose all the gifts for Isabella and brought a few for her with my own money we drove back.

We reached the estate at five thirty in the morning. That's when Felix ran up to me, telling me to take care of the balloons. And that's how we all ended up preparing the whole house for Isbella at six in the damn morning.

"Are you done with the balloons?" Felix asked me. I smiled at him innocently, making him raise an eyebrow.

"Of course my Lord" I said sarcastically, bowing. He chuckled.

"You're the only royalty in this room, Princess" Felix made a poor impression of Chris as he took my palm into his hand and placed a small kiss on my knuckles. I pretended to blush.