Eighteen - Haircut

[Rio POV]

Ever since I was little, I've always preferred longer hair. It had been years since I've had short hair, and today I've decided that a change would be nice.

Of course I haven't told Jasper or Tristan about this. I want it to be a surprise. They've never seen me in person with short hair, so imagining their reactions is pretty entertaining.

I was on my way to the salon with Seung. Em already had plans so she couldn't tag along. We arrived, nearly missing my appointment. It was a salon Tristan recommended to me, and judging by how nice his hair is, I took his word for it.

Seung was much better with appearances than I was, so he was the one describing the preferred look to the stylist. I was thinking of keeping my naturally wavy hair instead of straightening it all the time, so they shouldn't cut it too short.

The cut, plus a wash, took about 30-40 minutes (I wasn't keeping track). I looked in the mirror and smiled, internally cringing. I hadn't seen myself with short hair since I got that gum stuck in it when I was in fifth grade.

"You look awesome!" Seung patted my back as if he was congratulating me for something.

I was still staring at myself in the mirror, noticing the black color beginning to appear at my roots. My natural hair color.

"Maybe I should dye it soon? I only brought enough money for the cut though," I muttered as I continued to play with my hair.

"Back to red? I like your natural black hair," Seung hummed as he watched me mess with my hair.

"Blonde?"

"Ew, no."

"Platinum?"

"That could be cute."

We decided to look at some colors when we got back to my place.

Suddenly I felt a buzz from my pocket. I grabbed my phone to see a text message from Jasper.

Jasper: *Done with the "thing"? *

I smiled.

Me: *Yeah, what's up?*

Jasper: *Wanna hangout? Tristan has to babysit his cousin and I'm bored<3*

Jasper was the kind of person to add lots of emoticons to his texts. I thought it was pretty cute.

Me: *Sure, mind if Seung tags along?*

Jasper: *The more the merrier (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)*

I turned to Seung to let him know. "Jasper wants to hangout, wanna come?"

"Sure, I'm not doing anything after this." I gave him a thumbs up like the loser I am before texting him back.

Me: *What do you wanna do?*

Jasper: *Wanna walk around the plaza? *

Me: *Sure*

Jasper: *╰(^0^)╯♡ *

I smiled before putting my phone back into my pocket. "Let's head to the plaza."