17- A Lesson to Learn

After the incident of the last day, Skyler hadn't found a moment to speak with Hermione again. Because of the thunderstorm, Draco had stalked her all day, making sure she was okay. Yesterday, was the hardest day ever. Not even one first year - except for Hermione and Draco - would look at her. Skyler tried to talk to Ron and Harry, but Ron always dragged Harry away with him. When she finally could go to bed, she fell asleep when her head touched the pillow. 

The next morning, Skyler's up at dawn, again. After taking a shower, putting on her robes, and collecting her books for the day, Skyler walks to the Great Hall for breakfast. Scooping up scrambled eggs, toast and a bowl of chicken noodle-soup, she fills her appetite, for her stomach had longed for food ever since she woke up. "Quite a morning person, are you?" A familiar, kinda sarcastic voice says behind her. Skyler turns around, to see Draco, accompanied by his gorilla bodyguards, Crabbe and Goyle. "Yes, actually I am. Thank you for noticing, Malfoy." Skyler answers cold, and very sarcastic. But instead of leaving her alone, he sits down next to her. "How many times did I told you to call me Draco." He whispers kindly. Skyler doesn't sees the reason to be kind to him in return. " Two times from now on, to be exact." Draco raises his eyebrows. "Counting, are we? Am I that special?" He grins. Skyler rolls her eyes, annoyed. "No, I just have an extreme good memory. And how could I forget someone that annoying?" O damn. Instead of offending him, she makes him laugh. Why doesn't he just shut his mouth and backs off?! Skyler thinks. Please, don't tell that you don't like his company. Her conscience says, always having the urge to look different on cases than herself.  Skyler sighs hearable, and turns back to her food. 

Finally, the first lesson of Potions is going to start! Professor Snape gives Potions, and the Slytherins share this lesson with the Gryffindors. Skyler really hopes to see Hermione here too. Of course she will, but she wants to sit next to her. Hermione is the only one she can talk with, about home, Loki, Thor, Asgard, all that kind of talk. Walking to the classroom, alone, Skyler crosses path with the first year's group of Gryffindors. Most of them ignore her, or give her hateful looks. Most of them, except Harry Potter and Hermione Granger. They look at her with a merciful expression in their eyes. Considering that they need to be in the same place, Skyler follows the Gryffindors silently. Until they reach the classroom, then, they need to take a seat.  "Skyler! You can sit next to me, if you want?" Hermione says, startling Skyler a bit. "Oh, uh, sure. I'd really like that. Thanks." Skyler sits down next to Hermione. Big mistake. 'Cause a certain Harry Potter takes place next to her, and next to Harry Potter, there's a certain Weasley. "Harry, are very sure you want to sit next to her? She's a devil, and a Slytherin!" Ron says, making Skyler bite her lips, stopping her from sniffing. "Ron, please, you have to give her a chance, she can't help it..." Skyler hears Harry whisper back, he had seen her pained face, as Ron called her a devil. But that's what everyone thinks of me... a devil. A monster. Skyler thinks, feeling that this is going to be a tough year.