Chapter 1

This school is nice. I thought to myself. I should try to keep my grades up and—

"Oof," I groan as I drop all my papers. "Sorry."

"Watch where the fuck you're going." A tall, muscular guy yells, loud enough to pierce my hears. Is everyone here this damn loud— no, they just like the attention.

"I said sorry, what more do you want." I snickered. I then realized something. I shouldn't start anything, just need to keep them thinking that I'm a cripple. I remember my old school.

"Watch how you talk to me, cripple."

Who does she think she is?

A cripple against the King? Does she want to die?

She could never take him on.

Cripples never learn.

Everyone was already gathered around whispering. I knew what they were saying, I just did. Wonder what these losers' abilities are.

"And just what are you going to do about it?"

"Why I outta—" he then threw a punch as his ability activated. I quickly dodged and swung back only to get my hand caught and crushed. Speed and strength, what a whimp, but I can't do anything now.

"Finally learned your place, cripple?"

I was looking down, only to look up, eyes menacingly stared right at him. "Let. Go. Of. Me." I can't do much now. I've been training and increasing my strength to fight these guys off if they were to come onto me like now, so thats all I can rely on.

"What if I don't?"

I smirked and twisted my arm, kneed his elbow so he can let go, but didn't. I then grabbed his arm that was holding my other, twisted around, and threw him across the hall. Everyone around me gasped.

How can a cripple take down The King?

She just got lucky. Kano's gonna kick her ass.

What if she's not cripple?

You're kidding right? If she wasn't, she would have activated her ability by now.

No kidding. She's weak.

Wrong. I thought. You're all weak, thinking fighting solves everything? So appearantly his name is Kano.

"Kano, is it?" I stood up like nothing had just happened. "Pfft." I scoffed. "Kings shouldn't be taken down so easily, especially by a cripple. We're you just going easy on me? Or is that you're true strength?"

"Are you going to take this Kano." One of his buddies, shorter than Kano, but taller than me, with messed up hair spoke up.

Kano then coughed, with slight blood coming out. Everyone looked astonished. I was no cripple, but they can't know that.

"All talk no game, huh?" I continued to tease. He just sat there, looking shocked and defeated.

Is he gonna take that?

Did a cripple just dethrone him?

No way!

I laughed. "You really think he was really beaten?" I looked around at the crowd. "He's just playing a show for attention." I paused and glanced at Kano. "Just like the rest of you." I threw mt hand up and walked away. Abilities my ass, these guys don't know what's really in for them.

"Hey!" I turned to see Toru running after me. He was short like me, deep blue hair with ocean eyes. He's a high-tier and doesn't mind hanging with a "cripple," even though I'm not, no one can know. "Kami, was that you?"

"You mean with Kano?"

He nodded. His face was lit up with excitement yet there was a tint of confusion.

"Yeah, why?"

"Because Kano's King. No one dares go against him, and if they do, then always lose. How-?" I stopped him before he could continue.

"I train myself every day to fight, you've seen it." I attempted to cover myself.

"I know but... still."

It's getting harder and harder each day to hide my ability. Especially with Turo, who's known me long enough to know whether im hiding something small or not, but this is big and I really hope he doesn't see right through me.

"Kami!"

"Huh?" I jerked my head up quickly.

"You stopped and started day dreaming." He paused, looking concerned. "Are you okay? You need to tell me anything?"

"Actually, um," I hesitated. "Yes."