21. 𝗳𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝗹𝘆 𝗯𝗮𝗻𝘁𝗲𝗿

TONY'S CAR ROLLED UP ALONGSIDE A VERY TALL BUILDING. Built high and proud with a letter 'A' on the building's side, resembling the same thing from the facility they were just at. Eszter nearly pressed her face against the window, but Tony had made a huge fuss about Eszter touching things that's not hers. It was a little fun messing with him; Eszter was only annoying Tony as she continued to either ask him questions or rummaging through his car. And now, Eszter wasn't sure how she felt about being back at the Avengers Tower after the whole Vision thing. It was weird.

Not being here for a world-threatening mission was nice because Eszter got to really get a look at New York and admire the city for its worth. America was drastically compared to Sokovia, and it was going to be a huge change from one country to another.

The sun was low, and the lights her flickering on, the windows reflecting the sunset. Lights all around glowed and shimmered in the sunset, making Eszter gawk all around as she was too fascinated with the city. But as Tony pulled his car into the garage, the enhanced lost sight of the city. He jerks the car forward, causing Eszter to fall back into her seat after her seatbelt tugged her backward.

Eszter glares at Tony. "You did that on purpose," she notices the way Tony was trying to hide his grin.

"No, I didn't. I was just . . . yeah," Tony suddenly bursts into laughter, making Eszter roll her eyes at the man's childish behavior. "Yeah, I did."

The enhanced might've smiled a bit, but she quickly hid it before looking out the window, staring into the dimly lit garage as they pass a few cars from Tony's collection. Tony jerks the car to the side parking, shutting the engine off.

"Are we here?"

"Yep. Let's go."

Eszter unbuckled herself and climbed out of the car after the doors open; she glances around and doesn't remember seeing this place before. The enhanced walks around the car and waits on Tony, unsure of where to go. Then, Tony leads Eszter into an elevator, and after a few moments of waiting, Eszter was walking into the familiar building.

Once she walks into the building with Tony, Eszter looks around curiously. Not exactly the best home feeling, but it was better than having none. Eszter walks around as she inspects the many items around the room, making Tony feel even more anxious as she does.

"Uh-uh. Don't touch that," Tony shouts, making Eszter jump back from the round machine that was protected under a glass box. There was writing on it that she couldn't read, stopped by Tony before she could do so. Eszter steps back, glancing at Tony. "Stop touching things, God. You keep touching everything, and it's making me nervous."

Eszter looks at Tony oddly, and though she could understand his frustrations, however, it wasn't like Eszter was going to break anything. She wasn't that clumsy if that's what Tony is assuming. The enhanced narrows her eyes but softens them once she realized that he really was getting a little anxious.

"Sorry," Eszter begrudgingly apologizes. "I just wanted--"

"Yeah, you just want to touch everything. Well, here's the plan: you stay in your room, and your own bubble--" Eszter thought about it, thinking it didn't sound too bad. "--and I'll be in mine. Don't be annoying."

Eszter shoots her hands up in defense. "Fine, fine," the girl turned to follow him towards the door to the penthouse. "But if I have to follow those dumb rules, can I at least have friends over?"

"You don't have any friends."

"Can I invite friends over when I have friends over?" Eszter corrects, giving Tony a small eye roll.

Tony didn't answer as quickly as Eszter had hoped but instead stayed silent. Maybe he was thinking about it. Eszter looks at him, waiting for an answer, but they continued to walk until they entered the penthouse.

"Okay, let's go over the house rules--" Eszter perks a brow, ready to be humored. "--one: no messes. Clean after yourself because there are no maids. Two: absolutely no parties . . . unless I allow it," Eszter makes a face, but Tony seemed to be thinking about it. "Where was I? Oh, right. Three: no boys. I don't need your sister calling and finding you've got a boy in your room." Eszter blushes deeply, awkward. "Four: don't touch my stuff. And finally, five: no, no friends allowed."

Staring back at Tony dully, the enhanced couldn't believe how ridiculous Tony sounds. "Yeah, most of that sounded kind of dumb, but alright," the enhanced exhales loudly. "Where will I sleep?"

Tony turned away from the enhanced as he thinks about it but snaps his fingers once he had a good idea. He leads Eszter down the hall and following the path to a room, remembering that he might have a spare that he rarely ever used.

"It was a storage room, but I guess you can take it."

"Oh, wow. Thanks," Eszter says sarcastically.

"I'm very giving," Tony jokes.

"You're really not funny."

"What? I'm hilarious, ask anyone."

He directs Eszter into the hallway; the enhanced had noticed how incredibly spacious the building must be. Based on how spread apart the doors are, Eszter will definitely have privacy and not be too bothered by Tony. Even if her room might be a storage room, Eszter is still appreciative of the effort. Never mind the fact that Tony thinks he can scare her with his ridiculous rules; Eszter will oblige in respect.

Tony opens the door, and the two get a look inside, noticing that it was very much cluttered. The darkroom was lit up with bright lights from the ceiling, showcasing the random items tossed in the room carelessly. Eszter could barely see the windows in the back of the room. Eszter's eyes shift to the mess as boxes littered the floor and scraps of metal filled the boxes or collected around the floor. Power cords trailed around the mess, as well as posters of Iron Man decorating the walls.

Not too pleased by the sight, Eszter crinkles her nose as she fought back a few words. She wanted to be as nice as possible, but the enhanced wasn't sure how to react. The room was nice and big, Eszter will give it that, but it's because it's a storage room that Tony lost a percent of his giving motives. The enhanced nearly chuckled loudly, like a throaty laugh.

"Home sweet home," Tony says, a bit too cheerfully.

Eszter slowly looks away from the room and up at Tony, furrowing her brows in disbelief. "Are you kidding right now? This is a mess," the enhanced exclaims.

He pats her shoulder but stops awkwardly when Eszter only looks at him with a judging look, so Tony drops his hand back to his side. "Well, have fun," Tony smiles before turning around, leaving Eszter to deal with the room.

Eszter gapped, a small noise of confusion passes her lips as she looks back between the room and Tony. "Uh, what am I supposed to do with this stuff?"

"Clean it up!"

"I don't even have a bed!"

In the end, Tony helped Eszter clean out the room and made sure to buy all of her room essentials, while Pepper tagged along as they went shopping. Things turned out alright in the end.

Eszter Maximoff Will
Return in The Dusk.