1. mark

Quirks: Superhuman powers that allow a seemingly ordinary person to do a whole range of things.

Not everyone has a quirk.

Soulmates: The person you were born to be with. Your destined lover.

Everyone has a soulmate.

A quirk can be a wide variety of different things. Seemingly anything is possible for those who have quirks.

Your soulmate could be anyone. However, everyone lives with the knowledge that they will eventually meet their soulmate whether it takes 1 or 100 years. Unlike quirks, there aren't an infinite amount of ways you can find your soulmate. There are three different ways that people find their destined.

The first and most common is a countdown. A small timer on your inner wrist that counted down the years, days, minutes and seconds til you would meet.

The second way was based on firsts. You would have your soulmate's first words to you or first thoughts of you tattooed on your body. This one had some risk to it as there was a chance you would just walk by them.

And finally the rarest. A splotch of color where your soulmate would first touch you. Typically the color of their eyes this large splotch disappeared when you made contact.

Y/N POV

Everyone in the (Mom's Maiden name) family and the Aizawa family had the same trigger. The splotches that marked the place that their soulmate would touch. My dad Aizawa Shouta and my mom M/N had theirs tattooed on as a constant reminder of their love.

I'm 99% sure that my mom forced him into it. If you didn't know my dad is the pro hero Eraserhead aka the laziest man to ever walk the earth. It's a wonder he and my mom are soulmates. Her hero name was Exuberance and as the name implies she's always jumping around. Makes sense as her quirk requires high energy to function. It allows her to grow practically anything from absolutely nothing. Aside from quirks and personality differences the two of them adore each other.

As for me, I have some hybrid of the two quirks. I can control the power of other's quirks. Growing it or lowering it. Honestly quite useless if the enemy isn't using their quirk- My mom and dad insist on physical training but I inherited more of Dad's laziness than Mom's energy.
As for my soulmate. Well, that's a long story. For the longest time, people have made comments on the placement of my mark.

"Poor girl..."

"Are they going to slap her?"

"I bet she deserves what's coming for her."

"Maybe it's a villain"

But more often than not it's a sad look at my face followed by shifting eyes and silence. I almost wish people would ask what's up with my face. Maybe then I could just go out and explain that maybe my soulmate is going to slap my face.

My mark is deep crimson in color and spreads across my face in the shape of a hand. Whoever my soulmate is they must be charming. So charming that they decided to slap a poor girl. Now that I think about it maybe I should take those self-defense lessons.

For my whole life, I've been looked at with pity for my mark. I understand it and yes a large part of my mind is terrified of the day I'll meet them but- another part of me is reassured by my parents.

My dad refuses to talk about soulmates unless absolutely necessary. Yet my mom refuses to stop talking about them. If these two seemingly polar opposites can be so in love then why can't I?

The car door slams closed a gust of spring air hits my lungs freeing them of the layer of dust they've accumulated while stuck in our ancient car. Honestly, you would expect two pro heroes to get more money. I wonder where it goes *cough* sleeping bags *cough*.

"Y/N Honey!" The loud cheery voice of my mom calls from outside. I glance out at the trees blowing in the wind. Suddenly I'm not so sure about going to UA.

"Uh, Mom? Can't dad get me into this school by bribing Principal Nezu?" Is what I want to say but I don't because I hate myself. Instead, I get out of the car and wave bye to my parents before joining the throngs of kids filtering into the school. Bye, mom. Bye, dad. Don't cry too much when I die during the entrance exam.

I filter my way to the back of the group and run straight into a familiar face. My not really Uncle Hizashi Yamada more commonly known as Present Mic.
"THANK GOD!" I scream collapsing onto the ground. He gives me a large but equally confused smile. As I catch my breath he starts to open his mouth. Fuck noooooooooo. Realization hits that I am about to be singled out in front of thousands of people. Goodbye, I might actually die now.

———————————————————————
First chapter! Sorry it's sorta boring but it's mostly my world building I really wanted to explain everything. Thanks for reading!

-Ai