/ / 11. STAY, STAY / /

The bell went off at the entrance, Matty directed his gun immediately to the man behind the counter who's eyes widened in fear.

"PUT ALL THE FUCKING MONEY IN THE BAG! NOW!" He demanded.

Ellie held the bag open, as the man's insticts forced him to proceed to open the register in fear. Seeing two shoppers in hiding, Ellie's heart ached with fear of one's calling for the cops, "IF EVEN JUST ONE OF YOU MOTHER FUCKERS MOVE HE'LL FUCKIN' EXECUTE YOU ALL AND I MEAN IT, SO JUST STAY STILL AND NOBODY GETS HURT!"

At that moment, Matty was inferior. The fate of this man's life was in his hands, and though he never planned to actually shoot, knowing he had the power to made him feel good. This man appeared to be in his mid fourties, losing his hair which grayed, and unprepared for a circumstance of the sort...but to their surprise they were wrong and out came running a second employee from the back rooms with a gun of her own.

She was a young lady, but older than Ellie. Possibly the man's daughter as they shared one another's features in appearance. They were face to face, and Matty no longer held power, for now it was a war in which he sought to win.

"JUST GIVE US THE FUCKING MONEY AND NOBODY GETS HURT!" Ellie cried, shaking the bag as the man threw the money inside.

"Be cool, baby." He said, the calmness in his voice easing Ellie's fear. She quieted herself, the nervous sweat as it dripped behind her disguise.

"Layla do not shoot, I will give him the money and everything will be fine it is not worth it." The man spoke to the lady, the origin of his accent hard to figure out.

The register was soon empty and the bag in Ellie's hand grew heavy. The lady didn't take her eye off Matty, too afraid of what he'd possibly do if she did. He kept his eye on her the same, though unafraid. Matty wasn't afraid to die. In fact, he was thrilled by death in the moment because it felt so near he could taste it.

The bag was full, Ellie quickly zipped it shut. Just as, the sound of a gunshot went off piercing through her ears, along with a fatal shriek from Matty. She screamed and dropped the bag, running to him to hold him up as his knees buckled from the pain where blood spilled from the lower side of his stomach.

"Get the bag!" He urged in pain, grabbing her hand as she reached for it and followed the weak pull of his arm.

They pushed through the door, the bell going off again. Ellie wrapped her arm around him, trying her best to help him walk as he staggered and the bag in her opposite arm weighed heavy.

The van was already there and Adam swung the doors open immediately, seeing Matty's wound. He helped Ellie get Matty in, hurriedly. Ellie jumped in and shut the doors as they sped off straight towards the morning sun, swerving as George turned around to see if Matty was okay, Ross as well, "what the fuck happened?!"

Ellie got him onto his back, throwing the backpack aside and screaming, "she shot him! One of the workers!" She finally took off her balaclava as it began to chafe, using it as the only thing in sight to stop Matty's bleeding, her hair falling over her face. He struggled in an aching pain, groaning for mercy in which he wouldn't be granted.

"Do you have the money?!"

"Fuck the money!" She shouted, her tears falling onto his chest along with her hair. Adam grabbed some napkins, handing them to her as his blood took up the mask. She threw it aside and took the napkins, rolling them together and then pressing them to his stomach.

"He needs to be seen by a doctor-"

"Ellie we can't take him to a doctor not after what you guys have done, he'll be suspected." Adam shook his head.

"How?! He's gonna die if we don't Adam he's been shot okay!"

"Ellie stop panicking and just calm down, trust us, he can't go to a doctor-" She cut Ross off mid sentence.

"GEORGE TURN THIS FUCKING CAR TO THE NEAREST DOCTOR!" She demanded, Matty held his stomach, trying his best to stay calm for her.

"Just get us home and we'll be okay. Ellie, just trust them." He said, breathing uneasy.

George continued on his way, soon there as he made his final turn left to Matty's secret hideout, the flat he'd first taken Ellie to. She hurried out, the car barely coming to a halt before she'd opened the doors, dragging him out, "who has the keys?" She asked, pushing his hair out of his face to see him.

Ross tossed them to her, she hurried to the front door as fast Matty could move with her. Going straight to the bathroom she grabbed a towel from the rack and let the water run until it grew hot, only remembering the techniques of how to stop blood from running from the time her brother had a skateboard wound in his teens. At the time she thought that was something worth being afraid for, but this was even bigger.

Matty climbed up to the counter, sitting on it and still holding onto his stomach, "just hold tight I swear I'll find a way to make it better." She couldn't stop the tears from falling down her face, there was a knock at the door.

"Is he alright?!" It was George.

"He's fine!" She lied, she had no idea if he was fine...but she wanted him to be, she couldn't bear it if he wasn't.

She ran her finger under the water as she saw steam began to flow. She ran the towel under the faucet and squeezed it out, the hot water burning her hands. She folded the towel and pressed it against his stomach, it didn't ease the pain but to his surprise it did slow down the bleeding which seeped through the white towel and against Ellie's hands.

A smile spread across his face, realizing how much she cared, and how she wouldn't give up until something was done. She looked at him, smiling also as it felt almost a miracle to stop the bleeding, realizing it was merely a flesh wound. Breathing heavily from all of the stress and discomfort, their lips met as if it was the first time, he stroked her face and cupped it in his hands, staining her skin with his blood.

She could care less, tasting his lips and feeling his love gave her an even bigger high than any drug ever could. His hand trailed down her neck softly, biting her lower lip. Their eyes opened at once, staring into one another's.

"I was so scared." She whispered as he pressed his forehead against her's gently.

"It's okay." He said, "I'm okay...we just have to be careful now."

She nodded slowly.

"FUCKIN' RICH!" The sound of the guy's rejoice and celebration from the living room made them laugh. Matty hopped down carefully, holding onto his stomach as it still ached and opened the door.