THORIN'S MUSE

Author's note: (You can choose your race but you cannot be a Dwarf ).
...............................

"So, you have decided to leave," the King's voice echoed through the great halls of Erebor.

Y/n gave a slight nod. "Your quest is over. You've won this mountain, emerged victorious in the battle and become King. And I believe that I have played my part here," you replied.

You had helped the Dwarves reclaim their home land. In the course of the journey, you had fallen deeply in love with Thorin. However, you knew that he would never return your feelings; you were not even a Dwarf. And this was beginning to cut you from the inside; you were miserable. You had to leave.

"Where will you go?" he asked.

"I'll go back to my wandering ways," you said, with a smile drenched in sadness.

"Why won't you stay in Erebor?"

"I don't belong here Thorin; I'm not a Dwarf. And besides, I don't have any reason to stay behind."

Thorin slowly edged closer to you, causing you to become slightly nervous. Contradicting his usual thunderous roar, he said, "Would you stay if I gave you a reason?"

Reddening slightly, you looked at him with surprise and confusion.

He then began,
"Would you stay if I say
You're brighter than the moon on Durin's day?
Would you stay if I say
You showed this wandering Dwarf the way?
Would you stay if I say
Your smiles make me bright and gay?
Would you stay if I say
You're the one I want forever and a day?"

His words left you speechless and you simply stared at him.

Thorin looked at you with soft eyes and said tenderly, "I stand before you neither as a King nor as a warrior but only as Thorin Oakenshield. My real Arkenstone, will you take this Dwarf, who has nothing but love, love and love for you?"

Overwhelmed with happiness, you nodded with tearful eyes and a broad smile. Thorin drew closer and gently placed his forehead against yours. He caressed your cheeks while a big smile played on his lips. Both of you were lost for a while as this moment seemed to stretch for an eternity. He withdrew and looked at your pretty smile.

"You write poetry?" you softly asked.

He nodded, grinning. "Yes. Ever since I met my Muse."