Chapter 20: Take A Break

"Okay dad, you sure you have everything?" I heard John ask his dad.

It was nighttime when I took a nap after all that happened. The kidnapping of Nick Gray still has me on edge.

"Yup, I packed light." William smile to his son.

"Come on, you flew all the way here to spend one night?"

"I'm working on a bunch of projects right now... So my editor won't let me leave for long."

"Naaaah," I went up and pat John on the back, "Your dad really just hates you."

John didn't take it to lightly as I felt a punch on my stomach.

"Ugh! ... I deserve that." I smile weakly at the two.

William just laugh at us, "Nah. I don't hate John. He's the best son I have."

John just roll his eyes and looks at me, "It's because I'm the only son." We both snickered.

The father facepalm, "Anyway John, I just came here to check up on you. Make sure you didn't do anything too crazy."

"... You still don't trust me-"

"Oh c'mon John." I look, "At least you have a father that cares-" I pause, but it was too late.

Both John and William just look at me in shock. I can feel Sera's concern gaze pouring right behind my head.

"Oh wow... Aoi." John made an attempt to apologize, "I didn't know-"

"It's fine John." I wave him off, and sigh. "I already got that off my chest. Midoriya Greene looked after me when I was young.

"I'm sorry. Midoriya?" William look at me with a confused look.

"Yeah. My godfather."

"Wow, he didn't told me about that." He smiled.

"Wait, you and Midoriya know each other?" I looked at him, wide eyed.

"Yeah. Him and I played a lot of games of Poker." Will answered

"Huh, neat."

"But yeah." John's dad look at his son, "I may not trust you, but I'm happy to know that I can always count on Sera." Both her and Will made finger guns to each other.

"I gotchu," Sera responded.

'How dafuq did they go along so well???' I just stood there surprise with John.

"It's been a pleasure, William." Sera walk up to him with a smile, "Your story is incredibly inspiring. And I think you're very strong despite your situation. Please take care of yourself."

And she push the 'inspire' card.

"Aaww, you kids are too much!" William pulled us into a bear hug, "Come here and gimme a hug before I leave!"

"DAD, stop it!" John groan.

"I really want to kick you in the dick..." I glared at him.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Aoi!" I was heading inside John's house before Will called me. I rush over, passing by Sera and John as they enter the house.

"Yeah?"

"John told me a lot of things about you." Will cross his arms at me.

I groan, 'Of course.'

"Something more interesting."

"Let me guess, I have an ability." I sigh in defeat.

"Bingo." William winked at me, "Though something is more interesting than that."