Chapter 27

Oof, talk about cliffhangers!

I mean, forgive me readers, for I have sinned.

It has been a very hot minute since I have last updated, dare I day boiling. BUT without further adieu I present... His Sun And Moon Chapter 27!

THIA

When we arrive at River's house, he hauls me inside and slams the door behind us. Appearing very focused, he closes all the curtains and begins making food. What a kind soul he is, cooking for me. Pretty much my slave.

A piercing pain shoots through my head, making me gasp and close my eyes. Though I've always been prone to headaches, they have never been this strong and frequent.

It's been happening ever since I've been hanging out with River more...

"It must be you, River, you're giving me headaches. It must be all the attitudes you have." Honestly, he's such an emotional child. He's worse than a teenage girl.

A frown in his tone, he replies coolly, "Yes, because I'm the basket case. But seriously, someone needs to look at your head, make sure you're okay. I'm worried about you."

Breathing through the pain, I sit on a bar stool up to the island. "Please stop nagging me, I know you have a hospital addiction--"

Holy crap, he has a hospital addiction. I didn't realize until I said it out loud. No wonder he keeps getting into fights and I keep getting shot. He wants any excuse to go back there.

Given, he didnt actually take me there when I got shot...

I wonder why...

He's addicted to the hospital and takes any excuse to go, except to bring a girl that he says he loves...

THE FLAZZER HAS A GIRLFRIEND AT THE HOSPITAL!

He tried to pull a fast one on me I see. Think again leopard boy. I'm onto you.

When my headache subsides, I lift narrowed eyes to glare at his distracted expression as he makes me a delightful looking sandwich.

Too bad I can't eat it, it has liar germs on it.

He's probably thinking about her right now. I wonder what she looks like. River always calls me beautiful, does she look like me? I know I'm not easy to handle, she's probably better with people than I am. She's probably not always confused and annoying people.

If he only looks at how beautiful I am and that's the only reason he stays through all my issues, then why would he stay when he finds a prettier girl that's the whole package?

Staring at him blankly, I watch him put my sandwich on a plate and slide it towards me. Without a word, he walks towards his office with purpose.

He's on the phone in there for an hour, at one point, I hear his tone soften while he asks something, in an almost flirty way.

I stare at my sandwich, not touching it. Through all the craziness, I never think about the fact that he's out of my league, but he apparently has. I'm glad he is now so that I'm not dealing with this later.

"Your name is Thia Oliver, you're fifteen years old. You live with your mother in Chicago, Illinois, USA...," The Voice drones on. The Voice has been telling me details of my life for as long as I can remember.

I don't remember what my life was like before The Voice.•

"Thia, baby," River shakes me and the strange dream of sorts washes away, "Are you okay?"