Prince of Knights Chp43

Thank you Girlwithdimples for this amazing poster

__________________________________________

 ~*"One day you will ask me which is more important? My life or yours? I will say mine and you will walk away not knowing that you are my life." Khalil Gibran ~*

Raghad rubbed her palms and groaned in exhaustion. A month has passed ever since Faris pardoned Abdulaziz proving that the man possessed kindness. Their life resembled a quiet ocean after what Faris's sword had committed, but the loneliness still lingered. Today was the fifth day of the Holy month of Ramadan. The bride was forlorn spending her first Ramadan away from her family, her tribe. There was not much difference between how the Borkan tribe spent their Ramadan from the Rashideen tribe. Every night people around the tribe gathered in the tent in front of Sheikh Mubarak's house to break their fast and his family gathered in the house to spend time together. Raghad along with his sister-in-laws Batool and Shouq aided Raghad with the preparation of the Fatoor. It was exhausting since winter was about to end and the need for water mounted a bit more. However, it kept her mind off troubling matters.

Raghad smiled as she recalled what had happened on the second day of Ramadan. She had been preparing the dates just moments away from the call to prayer when a shadow loomed over her, upon looking up a slight frown had appeared on her prepossessing face. Faris had demanded Raghad to rise to her feet and follow him. At first, she denied making an excuse of having too many tasks to do, but the man had not moved an inch.

Reluctantly the bride followed the groom out of the house and towards the very end of the tribe. Just as soon as she understood where he was taking her Raghad had taken a few quick steps to walk beside him and questioned him the obvious with a smile on her face. Another act of kindness from the man who was thought to possess no heart in his broad chest. He had left her there in that chamber with Khalid to break her fast and lull her heart.

Fatoor was over, and now it was time to meet Khalid. They had unconsciously come to this custom of meeting her brother ever since Faris took her on the second day of Ramadan. Raghad wiped off her wet hands on the hem of her galabiya and made her way to her chamber with a smile on her face. She had never envisioned that a day would greet here where she would smile in this tribe, but here she was smiling to meet her imprisoned brother.

Abruptly, Raghad came to a screeching halt from the sight in front of her. She did not step back nor did she hide. Sheikh Mubarak along with his elder son Faris were in her chamber. She frowned at the solemn look that displayed on Sheikh Mubarak's face. Her eyes took in the staff that he held, the man was dressed in a dark robe. "Where are you going ya Faris?" Bu Faris questioned taking another step closer to his son. 

Raghad stepped back when a frown appeared on Faris's face. "Departing to meet my knights."

"Your knights?"