FOD Chapter: 3 .3

Chapter: 3 .3

The Shen family's father and son not only went back home unscathed, Shen Yi Bin received the Emperor's decree, saying that after the investigation was finished, he had to participate in the palace exam. It seemed that if he didn't seize the champion position, he couldn't become an official in the future.

This showed the Tian Chen Emperor's high expectations for Shen Yi Bin. As long as he really got top marks in the imperial examinations, it would be easy to achieve meteoric success and reach the highest official positions in the future.

Shen mother turned several laps around her son, happily saying, "I knew my son was the world's most intelligent son, since he was small, he was clever."

Shen father recalled his son's childhood cleverness, and also sighed for a while. He thought his son was a pitiful Zhong Yong, how could he foresee that he was actually deliberately concealed. Thinking about it, he really didn't know whether to laugh or get angry.

"Yi Bin, father thought about it, I think you were right, the Seventh Prince is too unrighteous. Since your sister is no longer beloved, we should switch alliance to another prince." 

Shen father stroked his beard and sighed.

"But if we don't help the Seventh Prince, wouldn't Qiao Dan's life in his residence be even more difficult?" 

Shen mother's eyes were red with worry.

"Mother, you've misunderstood, as long as the Shen family doesn't fall, the Seventh Prince wouldn't dare mistreat sister. Plus, this son heard that the Seventh Prince now only pampers Concubine Xie-shi, the other women are treated as air. If we support the Seventh Prince, the one who gains maximum benefit will not be sister, but the pampered Xie-shi. So, why should we do such a thankless thing?" 

Zhou Yun Sheng placatingly patted the back of Shen mother's hand.

Shen mother thought for a moment, finding his words reasonable. She also thought about how the Seventh Prince refused to help them, and even denounced and confined her daughter. The Shen family was really being kicked while it was down, so she no longer opposed.

———————-

Because the palace eunuch stole the exam question handwritten by the emperor, the Tian Chen Emperor unrestrainedly purged the inner palace. He disposed of all the spies planted by every factions, so the Seventh Prince still didn't know that the earth-shattering tax policy was actually written by the unremarkable Shen Yi Bin.

Xie Yu Rou was reborn, she'd long since made friends with the talented ministers who supported the Seventh Prince in her past life. One of whom was Lin Wenjie, whose proxy essays for numerous imperial exam candidates made him world famous.

When she learned that the emperor had an exceedingly wonderful policy essay in hand, and was searching Beijing for the author, she mentioned Lin Wenjie to the Seventh Prince, only saying that she accidentally found an amazingly talented person, prompting the Seventh Prince to investigate.

The Seventh Prince was trying to please his imperial father , but he was also trying to recruit a talented individual, so he personally searched for Lin Wenjie.

Lin Wenjie was a concubine's son, and he was quite suppressed by the first wife. He wanted to participate in this session of the civil service exams, but the first wife refused to find a guarantor for him, and also instructed the servants to burn his various correspondence letters, so that he had no way out.

He had a miserable life, and had no choice but to write poetry to earn money. Over time, his name spread to all corners. As the civil service exams neared, people flocked to his door for essays, all on the subject of 'Zu Yong Diao'. They repeatedly warned him not to publicize the matter, and to never write the same essay in a public context. The price offers were many tens of thousands, and a few thousands.