FOD Chapter: 3.7

Chapter: 3.7

Once out of the two men's line of sight, the Crown Prince took Zhou Yun Sheng's hand, his expression gentle.

"Why, were you worried I'd lose my temper just now?"

"It was this small minister's misunderstanding, Your Highness is wise and brilliant, how could you speak carelessly? This small official really cannot assist Your Highness, this small official is ashamed."

Zhou Yun Sheng was not flattering him, after the Crown Prince's mind was reinstated to soberness, his clever and ruthless methods also returned. Without any man's reminder, he would be able to steadily sit on the throne. 

This often made Zhou Yun Sheng feel like he was redundant. Many times, Zhou Yun Sheng suspected that the muddle-headed Crown Prince who was manipulated into losing his status as heir for two lifetimes, and this man before him were two different people.

The Crown Prince smiled brightly, squeezing the youth's fingers, he said in a low voice, 

"Yun Sheng's presence is my greatest assistance. If there was no Yun Sheng, today's me would not be here." 

Here he paused a little, then intimately caressed the young man's cheek, his voice lowering even more, 

"Every day, I'm grateful that the heavens sent you to my side. When you worry about me, I feel very happy." Extremely happy.

Zhou Yun Sheng dropped his head, afraid to speak. The era was different, his identity was different, the way he handled his emotions should also be different. Although this man often gave him a familiar throbbing, he wouldn't hastily take that step. 

Shen Yi Bin's wish was for the Shen family to prosper, for his family to live in peace and joy. If he made the wrong move, these wishes that should've originally been achieved would come to nothing.

The Crown Prince saw that he was refusing to respond, and originally wanted to say something, but then he heard footsteps approaching from behind and had no choice but to drop the subject.

Yu BaoTian thought that the Crown Prince was merely putting on an act, and wouldn't be able to persist for a few days. How could he expect that the Crown Prince would leave to survey the dangerous circumstances of the dam every day, personally go to the disaster area to appease the people, and labor night after night to examine and approve the account books submitted by each county. Gradually, he allowed the starving and scattered people of Liang Jiang to regain vitality.

He thought about the common people's thoughts, suffered the common people's suffering, was anxious about the common people's concerns. He didn't pay attention to enjoyment, striving for good governance, constantly working, in a brief few months, he'd actually thinned down to a skeleton. 

Yu BaoTian took this all in and was moved, his attitude when dealing with the Crown Prince was no longer as extreme as before. Every three days, he sent a report to Beijing, describing all of the Crown Prince's deeds, his words hinting at his wholehearted acceptance and extreme reverence, causing the Tian Chen Emperor to be very pleased.

The Crown Prince was so capable, increasingly setting off the Seventh Prince's mediocrity. The Seventh Prince was anxious, inevitably using some tricks.

——————————-

One day, the governor of Liang Jiang, Wang Bin, hosted a banquet in his official residence to entertain the Crown Prince.

Wang Bin was the Crown Prince's subordinate, his daughter was a concubine in his East Palace, and she was quite favored. Therefore, his relationship with the Crown Prince could be considered very close. This Wang Bin played a great part in the Crown Prince's loss of power in the first lifetime.