FOD Chap 5.3

Chapter 5.3

Fortunately, in every reincarnation, his lover's basic information didn't deviate too much. As long as his height was 190 cm and up; strong and muscular build; looks masculine and handsome; slightly bad habits such as smoking, drugs, possessiveness, voyeurism etc. he could rely on those four points to find him.

According to the current situation, the most likely candidate should be Qin Ce, but Qin Ce already had feelings for the protagonist shou, his cold and handsome face only melted when he saw the protagonist shou. Zhou Yun Sheng didn't want to believe that he was his lover.

So, he furtively ordered people to go make some inquiries about this type of man. Lu Shi and Tweety felt very distressed for him, thinking that he didn't want to get married.

The man was still not found before the drought erupted. Zhou Yun Sheng had no choice but to temporarily shelve his search project and concentrate on responding to the next series of unfortunate events.

One day, he was invited by the village head to pay a visit to the fields for examination.

Pointing to the withered paddy fields, the village head mourned, 

"Young master, look at this year's grains, I'm afraid we'll lose them, but we already don't even have gruel to drink. At this rate, we'll starve to death. Can you lower the rent a little, to give everyone a means to survive?"

Zhou Yun Sheng didn't respond, he twisted his brows as he circled around the field. Many people had gathered in the distance to wait and see when they'd learned that the landlord would be coming. 

If the village head smiled, they'd feel that life was full of hope, if the village head looked anxious, it may be assumed that they would have no food this year and have to pay the rent. Then they could only return home and sell their children.

After walking through the paddy fields and looking up at the weather, Zhou Yun Sheng slowly opened, 

"I expect it won't rain for another two months, the grains really will die out by then. Okay, this year's rent will be pardoned."

The village head was overjoyed, but before he could thank him, Zhu Lao Si, who had accompanied him, spoke up, anxious to discourage, 

"But young master, we also have no surplus grain, and we have to support so many servants. If they don't pay rent, we won't be able to bear it either. Why don't you just lower the rent by 10% instead? What do you think?"

Zhou Yun Sheng revealed a troubled look after hearing him. The village head suddenly sunk into despair, he clenched a fist, anxious to thoroughly beat up Zhu Lao Si.

Qin Ce, who had extraordinary hearing, was standing close by, listening in on their conversation. He was originally surprised after hearing Zhu Zi Yu's proposal, but now, after the performance from Zhu Lao Si, he guessed that the two were collaborating

One played the hero while the other played the villain, all this to evade the village head's rent reduction request. They really were a pair of colluding villains, heart of wolves and lungs of dogs.

Thinking of this, he sneered and turned to leave, but then he heard the young man unhurriedly state, 

"I say it'll be pardoned; you say reduce it by 10%, just who do you think makes decisions for the Zhu family? If I'm unable to bear it, I'll live frugally, if I'm still unable to bear it, I'll dismiss servants, but my Zhu family can't afford to raise a servant who's more ostentatious than me, Zhu Zi Yu!"

"Y-young master, I was just making a suggestion, that's all, not making decisions on your behalf. Please don't pay me any mind!" 

Zhu Lao Si's scalp grew numb under his gloomy gaze, he dripped cold sweat as he bowed to apologize.