FOD Chap 6.5

Chapter 6.5

This was an English song called "Stronger", starting off with an enthusiastic electric guitar solo, then drums, bass and other musical instruments slowly came in, making the tempo move faster and faster, and more and more intense.

Zhou Yun Sheng kept his eyes closed, moving as if dancing to the beat, when he opened his eyes, flames of anger ignited in his smoky and particularly deep eyes. His deliberately lowered voice carrying a metallic texture was full of disgust and contempt.

Even the people who didn't understand English could feel his outburst of sharpness and ridicule, their blood boiled, their whole body trembled. For those who could understand, they were stunned.

You know the bed feels warmer

Sleeping here alone

You know I dream in color

And do the things I want

You think you got the best of me

Think you had the last laugh

Bet you think that everything good is gone

Think you left me broken down

Think that I'd come running back

Baby you don't know me, 'cause you're dead wrong!

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger

Stand a little taller

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

What doesn't kill you makes a fighter

Footsteps even lighter

Doesn't mean I'm over 'cause you're gone

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stronger

Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone

...

...

The handsome youth used his voice full of penetrative power and eyes bright like raging fire to tell the audience off stage that, even without Lin Si Qing, he would become more powerful, stronger, until no one could beat him.

This song was a declaration of war against Lin Si Qing, bluntly telling him – Compared to me, you're nothing.

Most of the audience members were Lin Si Qing's fans, but no one could say a word to defend their idol. They were music enthusiasts, so they could naturally hear that this song had what it took to be a global hit, with unparalleled ear-worm potential, and Ou Zi Nan's captivating voice provided the best interpretation of the song.

They wanted to block their ears, cover their eyes, wanted to resist the youth's omnipresent charm, but realized that they couldn't do anything, except for staring at him with wide eyes, they could do nothing.

The song was reaching the climax, the young man's metallic cold voice showed a hint of hoarseness and gasping, like a drop of water falling into hot oil, making the ball of flame that was already intense to the limit let out even more volatile heat.

The audience members closest to the stage were almost burned to ashes by the youth's charm. They were drenched in sweat, their hair sticking to their foreheads and cheeks, looking woefully awkward. Their faces showed clear resistance, but their eyes were flooded with waves of excitement.

They wanted to follow the youth's moves, shout, scream, 'stronger and stronger', one more high-spirited than the other. But they couldn't betray their real idol, so they reminded themselves over and over again to endure.