FOD Chap 7.6

Chapter 7.6

The news that his Concubine Father would be in charge of the campaign made Li Xu Yan feel very proud. In the whole of Da Yan, which married Ger could still appear outside, much less fight enemies on the battlefield? Imperial Father's love for Concubine Father is very unique and unmatched.

Thinking of this, Li Xu Yan's expression changed subtlety. He remembered Concubine Qi, who had been granted death by his Imperial Father, then rescued in the nick of time and assigned a heavy protection detail of imperial guards. 

What kind of feelings does Imperial Father have for him? First, he destroys his whole family, then he pampers him in the Zi Chen Palace. What did he hope to achieve by being so hot and cold? Concubine Qi has adopted the Sixth Prince, how will this impact himself and his Concubine Father?

Li Xu Yan frowned in worry. After looking up, he saw the Sixth Prince carrying a new book satchel into the royal study, spreading out the valuable paper and ink-stone on his table.

Li Xu Yan walked over and pointed to the few black and blue bruises on his jaw, asking in surprise, 

"Sixth Imperial Brother, what happened to you?" 

Only one day after going to the Zi Chen Palace, this imperial brother killed four people. He thought that this younger imperial brother was cowardly by nature, but it's clear now that he was deliberately hiding behind clumsiness.

The reason why he exposed his real self so suddenly was probably to gain Concubine Qi's favor. But judging by his injured jaw, Concubine Qi was very displeased with him.

That's good.

Gao Min had advised him countless times, when you meet a strong person, don't rush to dispose of them just because you feel threatened, that might cause you to lose an excellent helper. The best move was to try to win them over first, if you can't win them over, then you can strike.

The current Sixth Prince was worth recruiting, whether or not he had talent, he had enough value as Concubine Qi's adopted son. 

Concubine Qi had inexplicably won his Imperial Father's trust and favor, and that made Li Xu Yan feel very uneasy.

Li Xu Dong covered his jaw and shook his head, 

"It's nothing, I was injured by a few wicked slaves."

"How can a slave be bold enough to hurt a prince's face?" 

Li Xu Yan obviously didn't believe him, he sighed then urged, 

"If you have any difficulties in the future, Sixth Imperial Brother can just come to Tian Chen Palace to find me and Concubine Father, we will not ignore you."

You won't ignore me? Where were you guys when I was being bullied in the past? There are so many princes without concubine mothers and fathers in the palace, which of them have received help from Concubine Gao? 

Isn't that how he ruled the Six Palaces? Everyone praised Concubine Gao for his charity, benevolence, and literary and military talent, but in his opinion, he wasn't all that. He couldn't even compare to his Concubine Father's pinky.

Li Xu Dong pretended to be grateful, but inside he was sneering.

The other princes and study companions arrived, making him feel a huge disparity. Before, these people wouldn't even look in his direction, but now, they rushed forward to enthusiastically greet him. 

This was all because he was adopted by Concubine Qi, one of the two people who received favor in the palace. Even if he had no chance at succeeding the throne, his future was still bright.