FOD Chapter 9.7

Chapter 9.7

Guo Zerui related the doctor's distressful situation to Zhao Ling Feng in a brief description, causing the six feet tall man's eyes to redden. His lips trembled as he said an awkward apology, his grief-stricken like expression made the soldiers stare, a few covered their mouths and snickered.

Being in distressing situations was very common in the Apocalypse, how can this man act like his father just died?

Only Lei Chuan was able to understand his feelings. They were the same, still stuck in their memory of the moment of the doctor's tragic death, the painful feelings of helplessness was already rooted deep in their souls, and they could never forget it. Even now, when Lei Chuan closed his eyes, he would still involuntarily remember the doctor covered in blood with his eyes closed.

His heart couldn't be at peace unless the doctor was tied to his side.

At the moment, the doctor was intact and sitting next to him, his body was warm, his breathing and heartbeat was smooth, so Lei Chuan's hysterical mood slowly recovered, his grip on the doctor's arm loosened, he was afraid he was hurting him.

Zhou Yun Sheng really couldn't stand Zhao Ling Feng's tears, he had to look back to comfort him, and ask if he was injured. This made Lei Chuan extremely dissatisfied, he sneered, "He's a Metal Warrior, his body is harder than steel, what can happen from a few punches?"

Zhao Ling Feng was fighting back his desire to vomit blood, in order to not make a fool of himself in front of the doctor, he only waved his hand, indicating that it wasn't a problem.

The car suddenly quieted down.

Lei Chuan bent down to pull out a duffel bag from under the seat, he took out a set of clean clothes and placed it on his lap, then started unbuttoning the doctor's shirt.

"What do you want?" Zhou Yun Sheng blinked.

"You've got blood stains on your clothes. You have to take them off and throw them, or you'll lead zombies." Lei Chuan talked while continuing to undo the buttons, his tone was like he was coaxing a child, "Lift up your arms, lean forward a little bit. You've had these clothes for a while anyway, they're so dirty you can't tell the original colors."

Dr. Bai was very used to being wait upon in life, and so was Zhou Yun Sheng. Now that his life had a guarantee, he didn't need to resist anymore, he did as Lei Chuan commanded, look up, lean forward, lift the left arm, lift the right arm ... ... obediently changing out of his dirty clothes.

Seeing the doctor's emaciated, almost broken body, Lei Chuan's breathing was slightly stifled, a sharp pain originated in his heart and spread throughout his body. The doctor's body was no better than the last life. He never took care of himself, all his thoughts were dedicated to developing the vaccine, he was like a devout worshiper, he could dedicate everything to his beliefs.

He was cruel to the experiments' bodies, but even more cruel to his own, a lot of people called him the devil, but Lei Chuan knew that this person's heart hide a pure, beautiful, colorful and magnificent world. He watered that world with blood, pulled it from his imagination and into reality, and brought hope for all the survivors.

As long as they saw the doctor's pureness hidden under his indifferent appearance, no one could hate him, they would even crazily worship him, admire him, and be willing to closely follow him. Like the laboratory researchers, like Zhao Ling Feng and his subordinates, and even Lei Chuan the experimental body.

Seeing such a thin doctor, Lei Chuan only felt anguish.

His eyes darkened with bitterness, he very gently and carefully helped the doctor put on a clean coat, then gathered the stained and dirty clothes and threw them out the window. His voice was hoarse as he opened, "Doctor, you lost weight again. You should eat more." He opened the same duffle bag and dug out cans of meat, he placed them on his palm and used his ability to heat them.