FOD Chapter 9.8

Chapter 9.8

The blood-red sun slowly sank, and the convoy rumbled in a meandering aisle, because they were in the forest, the number of zombies were dropping. They occasionally passed a small village and saw two or three wandering by the roadside, when they heard the engine they'd howl and give chase, but the soldiers on the trucks quickly cleaned them up.

Because they'd collected a large number of munitions, everyone was very happy, they gathered together to chat, relaxed. Only Lei Chuan's car atmosphere was a bit dull.

Zhao Ling Feng spread his legs, his posture very leisurely, he looked out at the scenery outside the window, and occasionally glanced at Guo Zerui's white face, and smiled an enigmatical smile.

Guo Zerui suppressed the desire to punch him and guiltily opened, "Boss, I was wrong to do that."

"Keep your voice down." Lei Chuan's voice was extremely low, he looked down at the doctor sleeping soundly on his shoulder, he didn't show signs of waking up, so he felt relieved. To sleep so soundly by his side, anyone could see that the doctor had completely put down his alert.

"Boss, I was wrong. I didn't listen to you." If he'd followed the boss' instructions and used the doctor's password, he wouldn't have almost made his brothers fall into despair.

"You're not the only one who made mistakes. From now on, the doctor is our companion, I trust him, and I hope you can trust him as much as you trust me. Can you do that?" Lei Chuan looked back and stared sternly at his brothers.

Guo Zerui was silent for a moment, his expression a little bitter. In the boss' heart, the doctor's position was far above them, right? No matter where he went, he had to take the doctor with him, he clearly wanted to chain themselves together. That treasuring attitude was not as simple as treating an ordinary companion.

Before rebirth, what did the doctor and the boss get up to? Guo Zerui's curiosity was scratching his heart, and he couldn't stop his jealousy. He had unspeakable feelings for his boss for a long time, but he'd thought that his boss was a straight man, so he chose patience. But now he had front row seats to see him treat the doctor tenderly, there was even a bit of ambiguousness.

The sun sank completely into the horizon, and the convoy slowly docked near a small village. The village's zombies had long left for greener pastures, they occasionally met one or two that hadn't eaten human flesh for a long time and hadn't evolved to use abilities, so a single shot was enough to put them down. The soldiers made a lap around the village to make sure there were no survivors, and chose a few close bungalows to camp.

There were few zombies in the mountains, but there were many mutant beasts and plants, and many were often very tricky to deal with. In order to reduce the unnecessary casualties, the soldiers covered the windows with thick tarpaulins, to prevent light from leaking out and alerting the beasts on the mountains.

In the last days, variation was not only found in animals, plants and humans, but also the weather. During the day, the sun's sinister rays could bake flesh, but the night would quickly become cold, and occasionally, the temperature would drop to below zero.

The soldiers found a few braziers for heat, and laid down the sleeping bags, food, and winter coats.

Zhou Yun Sheng had been living in the laboratory, in order to ensure a certain degree of uniform conditions, the central air conditioning was well balanced to guarantee neither hot nor cold. But in this life, he was finally experiencing the true cruelty of the Apocalypse.

He huddled into the army coat and moved closer to the brazier, almost wishing he could be roasted along with the food. His damaged soul brought him physical weakness, so his cold tolerance was very low.