Ch.2 Finally Free

Damon's POV

She was pretty. No doubts about that. She was easily a mystery, but I could tell she would go to the ends of the earth without hesitating for my brother. He always gets it. The easier life, the pity, the girls, but this one, I don't know how he did. The loyalty she holds is beyond anything I've ever seen. It was like those stupid fairytale love stories. It just shouldn't be real, but here she was saying she would jump in front of a stake for Stefan. I may have just met her, but her eyes told me the truth. She meant every word. Once again, I wish I had what my brother did. But this time, maybe we could actually share. I had hope. I wanted loyalty like that, someone who would always stand by my side. I didn't want to be alone anymore.

"So it's settled. You're staying here with us." I gave a little smirk in her direction.

A little groan escaped her lips and I laughed. "If I die, it's on you two. You will be the end of me. I swear. Be happy I'm not fighting you both on this. I'm choosing my battles."

It was Stefan who surprised me the most. He let out a low growl. "I'd never let anyone hurt you. You are my little sister." I have never seen Stefan this protective over anyone. She must really mean I lot to him. She gave him a thoughtful smile at that.

"Okay, now moving on." She started to walk away.

"And where might you be going munchkin?" I questioned her with a smug look.

"Munchkin? Really Damon?"

"Yes, munchkin." I said it again, just to annoy her. "Hey! What are you doing with that?!"

"Oh you know, just having a little drink."

"That's expensive! And mine nonetheless!"

"Oh, does it look like I care?" She laughed and gave me an innocent look. I looked at Stefan, but he just seemed amused.

"Brother?" I asked, hoping he would help me out.

"If you can't beat them, join them." That's his advise! Really?! Oh great, now he's stealing my alcohol too.

"Okay, fine. If everyone is stealing my alcohol, then we can at least use glasses." If you can't beat them, join them. What bs! I walked over and grabbed some glasses, took the bottle and poured everyone some. Taking the bottle with me, I sat down on the couch. Stefan followed sitting down on the opposite side of the couch.

"Come sit with me, Bellzy." Stefan asked. She gave a little giggle before walking over to the couch. Surprising me, but not Stefan apparently, she sat right on his lap. Both Stefan and I gave out a short laugh at her actions.

"Aw, my little Bellzy. Did you miss me?" Stefan asked with a smug grin. I have never seen my brother so open and teasing, or even this happy before. Not with Katherine, or Lexi, and definitely not with Elena. This was the real Stefan, who was afraid to come out or just never had the opportunity to.

"Of course I did Stefan. You know that." She said it so softly, as she laid her head against his chest. She was honestly such an adorable vampire. What a weird combo. Stefan laid a gentle kiss on the top of her head. These two were just too much. They really did act like brother and sister. That's when Stefan spoke up.

"Okay, well I propose a drinking game." My brother is just full of surprises today.

"You are suggesting a drinking game?! Who are you and what did you do with my broody brother?" I heard a little laugh and smiled in her direction. Now I knew why Stefan was so overprotective of her. She was a light in the darkness. She brought laughter and happiness wherever she went, even with her past she shined brightly. I understand why Stefan needed her in his life, because right now, I didn't want to let her go either.