𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. HUFFLEPUFF

CHAPTER EIGHTHUFFLEPUFF

CHAPTER EIGHT
HUFFLEPUFF

§ § § 

     Draco was grinning as him, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and I left Dumbledore's office. He smirked at Ron. "Well, Weasley, I guess she chose me in the end." I rolled my eyes and elbowed Draco's ribs hard enough for him to bend over and shut up. Ron glared at him, and then looked at me. I was taken aback when I saw him glaring at me, too. I faced Draco. "I'll see you in the common room." He took the hint and left, as did Hermione, leaving me with Ron and Harry.

     "How could you? You said you didn't want to be an outsider! You said you wanted to be with us! Well, you had your chance, and you blew it." Ron seethed. Harry looked down, staying quiet. I glared at Ron.

     "I do want to be with you! But, I'm not an outsider anymore, Ron! I'm with Draco and I enjoy being in Slytherin! And you and I are still close, nothing's changed." I told him.

     "Well, you're an outsider to me." Ron glared at me. It felt as though he had driven a knife through my heart. Tears in my eyes, I looked at my brother. 

     "Got anything to add?" I hissed.

    "Malfoy's just trying to get on your good side. He's just using you for power." Harry mumbled. My mouth opened to retort, but I was so appalled by my two closest friends that when I blinked, tears fell from my eyes.

     "You're both just ugly, foul, jealous gits." I whispered, and turned, running back to the Slytherin dormitory. On the way there, I ran into someone, knocking us both down. "Sorry!" I exclaimed, sniffing and wiping my eyes. I looked up to see a boy my age, with messy brown hair, and gleaming blue eyes. He held out his hand and I took it, standing up. I looked at the crest on his robe and saw the Hufflepuff symbol. 

     "Sorry, I should've been paying attention to where I was going I just- wait. Are you crying?" He asked, looking closely at my eyes. 

     "No..." I mumbled, but I knew he didn't believe me. "Okay, yes I was crying. What's it got to do with you?" I glared at him. He backed up, raising his hands in defense.

     "Okay, okay." He grinned playfully, then held out a hand again. "I'm Noah. Noah Thorton. A first year." I shook his hand.

     "Giovanna Potter, first year as well." I said, and his crystal blue eyes widened.

     "Wow, nice to meet you. Even under these circumstances." He laughed. I grinned. "I mean I guess you could say you really fell for me." I smirked. 

     "Actually, I think you fell for me." I told him. He smiled.

     "Think whatever. See you around?" Noah raised his eyebrows. I nodded and said my goodbye. By the time I got back to the Slytherin dormitory, I was in a much better mood. 

     The next day I couldn't sit still knowing that my first Quidditch practice was being held that night at seven. I woke up and saw Pansy already getting changed. "Giovanna I heard a rumor that you got sorted into Gryffindor. I don't really think that's a true Slytherin, if you ask me." I rolled my eyes as I got out of my bed and changed into my white button up collared long sleeve shirt, green and silver striped tie, black skirt ad black knee-high socks with silver flats. Then I put my black v-neck cardigan that showed the Slytherin crest over my shirt and lastly, I put on my Slytherin robes and slipped my wand in my pocket. 

     I then brushed out my hair and put it into two french braids. I loved braiding my hair because it looked so cool with the green streaks in the brown. I smirked at Pansy who was looking at me in my Slytherin attire. "You were saying?" I slid my finished homework into my bag and slung it over my shoulder, exiting the common room with Pansy behind me. The common room was busy with students either still sleeping on couches, leaving to go to the Great Hall for breakfast, or quickly finishing homework that was due today. Pansy and I walked over to Draco, Crabbe, Goyle, and Zabini.

     "Hey Potter and Parkinson!" Zabini grinned, high-fiving us both. 

     "Good morning Zabini," I greeted back. 

     "So I heard you chose Malfoy here over Weasel." He said, and I rolled my eyes. That was such a lie, well, sort of. 

     "Don't call him Weasel. You guys keep forgetting I live with them. And you have it all twisted up. I chose Slytherin over Gryffindor, not Draco over Ron." I explained. 

     Zabini glared at Draco. "Malfoy you said that she admitted her feelings for you because you have feelings for her and she finally chose you over Weasel, uh, Ron." I raised my eyebrows at Draco. he had feelings for me? 

     "What, I uh- no! I never said that!" Draco exclaimed hastily, death glaring Zabini. "Let's go to breakfast, shall we?" He said, not meeting anyone's eyes.

     "We shall," I grinned, and linked arms with Draco, us leading the others out of the common room and up to the Great Hall. I swear I heard kissing noises coming from Pansy and Zabini mockingly behind us, but I ignored them. We arrived to the Great Hall and I slowly pulled away from Draco as I saw Harry come over to me. The grin I had wore faded to a frown as I glared at Harry.

     "Giovanna, I just wanted to..." He trailed off, eyeing the Slytherins I had walked with. Pansy took the hint and pulled the other boys away, but not before glaring at Harry, as did the others. "I wanted to apologize for my behavior last night. Just because Malfoy and I don't get along doesn't mean you and him can't get along. I just want you to be careful, that's all." Harry said, looking down shamefully. 

     "Mmm..." I looked at him, then decided I would forgive him. "It's alright. Just know that I can fend for myself." I told him as he looked up, grinning.

     "Oh trust me, I know." He smiled. I smiled back then looked over at Ron who was watching us with a glare, and turned away when I looked over. I sighed then looked at Fred and George who grinned and waved. I waved back. Well, at least they didn't hate me. Harry followed my gaze. "He'll get over himself." Harry reassured me. "And Hermione told me to tell you that she's excited to hang out with you tomorrow." 

     "I forgot!" I exclaimed, remembering that I promised Hermione we could hang out over the weekend. "Tell her I'm looking forward to it." I told Harry, then left to go eat breakfast. On my way to the Slytherin table I bumped into someone a head taller than me. Looking up, I saw Noah. He grinned. 

     "I see we keep meeting like this." He winked, and I laughed.

     "I feel like this time you planned this one out." I raised my eyebrows and crossed my arms. Noah pretended to look hurt.

     "How dare you say such a thing! I have to say, Miss Giovanna Potter, I'm offended." He said dramatically, grabbing my hand.

     "Oh stop it!" I laughed, pulling my hand away. "Now I have to eat, but when we're in a class together, I call the seat next to you!" I cried.

     "You betcha," Noah winked again. I smirked and walked over to my table, sitting across from Draco who was glaring at Noah and squeezing an apple so tightly I thought it would burst.

     "Who's that?" He growled.

     "Noah. A Hufflepuff I ran into yesterday. Literally." I told him simply. I saw Draco eyeing the boy who winked at me and grabbed my hand with a deadly look in his eyes. "Draco would you chill out? Merlin's beard!" I sighed and shook my head, digging into my food and wondering one thing:

     What's made him slide off the end of his broom?