[5] Ezra: "First Classes and New Friends."

Ezra Harland's PoV:

The next morning, I go to my first class on my own.

Yes, the devil couple is still ignoring me.

Okay, I know I did something bad but, c'mon! They are overreacting way too much.

It's not like I made her cry or something.

'Not that you know of,' My Wolf, who has also been giving me the silent treatment, supplies ever-so-helpfully to add to my guilt.

'Fine. I deserve the way they're treating me.' I snap back, stopping myself from rolling my eyes.

'Cause anyone looking at me might think I'm dumb.

'Yeah, like they don't know that already.' My Wolf comments with snark, shaking his head in disappointment at me.

I sigh out loud.

'Fine, I'll apologize to her sometime.'

'You better.' He threatens, although I can feel that he's pleased with my reply.

Seems like even my own Wolf thought I wouldn't apologize. Just how badly did all my friends and my Wolf think of me?

Before I could get an answer to that question, the door marked 101 comes into view. As I enter the room of torture, all thoughts about my impending apology and previously bad behavior flies out of my head.

The size of the room and the rows and rows of chairs makes me gulp nervously. It's huge, with seemingly hundreds of LED lights making the room so bright, not a single person could get away with dozing off during class.

Oh Goddess, I should've never willingly agreed to be subjected to this pain.

I seem to be right on time, because the class is already almost full. A quick scan tells me that Seneca and Micajah are sitting on one of the back rows. I make a move to walk over to the empty seat beside them, but a glare from Micajah freezes me in my tracks.

Oops. Looks like I'm gonna be stuck in the front row.

Just great.

I shake my head in misery and scan the front rows, searching for any friendly face to sit next to and make fun of the professor. Sadly, everyone in about the first five rows are the exact opposite of what I'm expecting—already going through the books and making notes and doing other ridiculously and equally nerdy things like that.

Just then, my eyes land on a very short human sitting on the sixth row with an empty seat beside her. At first, I think she must be way too small for her age, but then quickly realize that she's an actual kid—blonde, a little chubby in that cute-kid way and extremely serious with those rectangular black frames.

Twelve or probably thirteen tops.

Interesting. Decision made, I walk over to her, smiling my most friendly smile. "Is this seat taken?"

"No." She replies, not looking up from the book in her hand. For a second, I think she's reading the class material like the other nerds too, but on a closer glance, I realize she has a manga book open inside her textbook.

Cool. I decide to pull her leg a little.

"You know, this is College. Not primary school. I think you're in the wrong place."

The girl looks up, pale blue eyes narrowing in annoyance. "Yes, I know. And you must've lost your way and ended up here. Tell your mom that Daycare is in the other block."