1.1

'caught me staring in your eyes, and i'm not usually like this, but i like what you're doing to me.'

( nervous - shawn mendes )

-

Monday came around far quicker than anybody would've liked - the dreary sound of my alarm echoing through my room far too soon. The day dragged on, lunch finally coming around, and Harry was nowhere to be seen - great.

I'd yet to see Louis, and I counted myself lucky for that, as I wandered awkwardly into the lunchroom, unsure of what to do with myself - for the first time in months - I was alone.

"Anastasia, hey!"

I spun around, unsure of where the voice was coming from, to find two girls at a table nearby, one waving excitedly at me. I bit my lip, glancing over to the table where Sadie sat, a smirk plastered on her face, before I put on my best fake smile, heading over to their table.

"Hey," I set my tray down, now registering them as the twins who sat front row in Math - Tiffany and Tasha, "Uhm - you can call me Ana."

"Oh, well - Ana, we just figured since you were alone, you could do with some friends to sit with!" she exclaimed, her voice loud enough to make me jump. God, Harry would hate this girl.

"Tiff, not so loud," her twin mumbled from beside her, pushing her fries around her plate. I presumed she was Tasha, "I doubt she wants the whole world knowing she was on her own."

"Oops! My bad," Tiffany snorted, and I already felt myself hating this girl, and my impatience growing.

I just nodded, looking down at my tray and immediately regretting my decision to take their offer and sit down at their table - I wasn't so opposed to any friends, but I could feel my discomfort increasing as Tiffany watched me closely.

"So, why were you on your own?" Tiffany asked invasively, and I raised an eyebrow as her sister shoved her shoulder, clearly thinking the same as I was.

"My friend isn't here today," I said simply, taking a bite of my fry.

"Who- Oh! That Harry guy, right?" she pushed, and I nodded, "so he's your boyfriend?"

I shook my head. Harry wasn't my boyfriend - we'd been on one date, and yes - we kissed a little more often than friends did, but - we weren't dating.
I found myself wondering about what a relationship with Harry would be like - being able to kiss him publicly, hold him, proudly claim him as my own - it was a foreign one to say the least, and I had yet to desire a legitimate title for Harry and I - he was just Harry.
I knew Harry had never been in a relationship - I didn't know if I loved or hated that; the reasons behind it - definitely not, but for someone who hadn't, he didn't exactly mistreat me.

"He's single?!" she shrieked, snapping me from my thoughts, and I felt myself wincing again, people turning to look at us irritatedly, clearly disturbed by the volume of her voice. Be nice, Ana, she invited you to her table.

"Sure is," I replied in attempts to sound as nonchalant as I could, taking a drink from my bottle of water as Tiffany continued rambling, her twin looking just as unamused as I was.

"He's so hot - I was telling Tasha the other day, we never see him at parties anymore - not for a couple years now," she explained, and I chose to ignore how she'd called him hot, and I didn't fancy looking like a total psycho who freaks out at somebody calling her friend hot, "It really does suck - god only knows what I'd do to him after a couple of drinks-"

"That's enough, Tiff," Tasha said from beside her, noticing how I was shifting in my seat with discomfort.

"Sorry, I just-"