Armin ━ Shy As You

EDITED

Today marks day 2 since joining the 104th Training Squad. You sit at a table in the mess halls alone. Too shy to talk to anyone or make friends, you glance at the table across from you and watch a group of friends interact. A turquoise-eyed, brunette-haired boy sits next to an ocean-blue-eyed boy with blond hair. Across from them sits a black-haired girl with a red scarf. After seeing how comfortably they talk with each other, you couldn't help but desire a friendship like that. However, your shyness gets the best of you and you leave them alone as you eat in silence instead.

You would sneak a glance at their table every chance you get - taking a bite of your food, sipping water, or patting your mouth dry. How awfully nice would it be to have friends sit with you and talk to you while you eat. You let out a sigh as reality hits you once more. Deep in thought, you are oblivious to a pair of eyes staring at you.

"Armin? Are you okay?" The brunette asks his friend, catching your attention.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine, Eren." He replies.

Upon finishing your meal, you stand from your table and place the tray by the sink. You leave the mess halls, just wanting to get a good night's sleep now. On your way back to the girl's dorms, a hand grabs your wrist and catches you by surprise.

"U-umm hi. Is there s-something you want?" You stutter and turn to see the brunette boy from earlier, Eren. You could see a tint of yellow from behind him, whom you recall is named Armin, who seems like he wants to shrink.

"I'm Eren. You are?" He asks.

"I'm (y/n)." You lightly clear your throat.

"Nice to meet you." He gives you a genuine smile and holds his hand out for you to shake.

"Nice to meet you too, E-Eren." You say.

"By the way, I have someone for you to meet too." He pushes Armin in front of you. A slight pink dusted on his cheeks. His body trembling a bit.

"I-I-I'm A-Armin." He says and you suddenly blush.

"H-Hi, I-I'm (y-y-y/n)." You stutter badly.

From the corner of your eyes, you see Eren smiling.

"I have to get back to Mikasa. Have fun!" Eren shouts running.

The two of you stand in silence. His palms start to sweat. Your cheeks redden. Both gazes avert. Neither of you say a word, not knowing where to start. The silence is getting nowhere, and Armin finally musters all his courage to break it, clearing his throat.

"W-Would you l-like to hangout s-sometime?" He says, eyes finally meeting yours.

"I-I would l-love to." You try to smile, but it comes out awkward and forced.

Armin is delighted by your response. He gently takes you by the hand and leads you to your dorm like a gentleman, making your heart explode.

Meanwhile, back at the mess hall, Mikasa spots Eren walking back in. The male has a smirk on his face, making her raise a brow curiously. Once her stepbrother sits across from her, she brings the topic up immediately.

"How did it go with Armin?" She asks.

"They were shy and stuttering badly. Anyways, my plan worked." Eren confidently says.