Arc 2.17

A/N: I'm thinking that after I complete this entire Novel, I'll go back and add more Chapters to the first Arc. I know that it seemed to go by pretty fast and that was mostly because I had tried to keep each Arc at 10 Chapters but it seems that I just can't let go of some of my worlds. The First Arc could've had a lot more Character Development if I'm being honest with myself. I hope none of my Readers left because of how crap the first Arc was. Sigh. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy another chapter. 

[Host, wake up! Wake up!]

Car was bouncing around the room and attempting to wake her Host up because of her urgent news. This type of news couldn't wait. 

Zhong Yi gradually woke from his slumber, sandwiched between two very hot men. He blinked groggily and tried to assimilate his brain functioning to its normal setting. 

'What do you want, Car? I was having a really good dream.' Zhong Yi could only grumble as he had been in the middle of dreaming about the time his Husbands had taken him to the previous world's largest amusement park. There were no amusement parks in these ancient times and he missed the exhilaration of riding the roller coasters.

[Host! Major news!]

Car made slight whistling noises from how fast she was zipping through the air. Thankfully, the two men couldn't hear her but knowing his lovers they'd probably destroy her just from causing them a headache first thing in the morning.

Zhong Yi yawned before asking, 'What's this major news you need to tell me that couldn't wait until I woke up to morning sex?'

[... *cough* Host! The Female Lead was killed yesterday!]

'Huh. Well, that solves that problem. Why'd you wake me for that? This is not 'major news' that couldn't wait.. I feel like you're deliberately testing my patience here, Car.'

[Wuu..wuu.. so mean, Host. Carmen was trying to tell you the other news but you went and said mean things before I could tell you!]

Zhong Yi rubbed his forehead as he sat in the middle of his men. Men who were currently beginning to rouse from slumber since the previous soft body that they'd been holding was no longer within their grasp.

'Just tell me already! Before the men wake up completely!'

[Long Empire plans to send all their troops to the Northern Border to do a clean sweep of the entire Zhong Empire because they received word that all their high ranking spies were executed; as well as the fact that Emperor Long's little sister, Concubine Mei Ren, as well as his nephew, are being held in the Palace's dungeon awaiting execution.]

'How the fuck did they get their information so quickly? That's just ridiculous! It's been only one day!'

[There seems to be some kind of 'alien' device that allows the Emperor to speak telepathically with his citizens! I didn't even know this was possible until I saw it happen! This isn't even a Fantasy World!]

The fact that even Carmen was confused as hell seemed to wake Zhong Yi completely. He needed to immediately have their troops head towards the Northern Border and give support to the General and his men; otherwise they would be wiped out. Once their first line of defense fell, everything else would crumble in succession.

"Lover, why are you awake so damn early," Zhong San grumbled as he wrapped an arm around Zhong Yi's waist to try and pull him closer. Zhong Er woke as he saw his twin pull their bunny towards himself and also wrapped an around whatever he could reach, which was a leg. Zhong Yi was now laying crooked on the bed.

"We need to send the troops to the Northern Border. Long Empire plans to do a full assault to try sweeping Zhong Empire entirely and retrieving Concubine Mei Ren and 'fourth brother'."

Zhong Er let go of the leg he as occupying and rolled out of bed before donning a robe. He quickly walked to the door and called to one of the men standing guard before coming back towards the bed.

"Get ready," he ordered.

Zhong San sighed but also rolled from the bed and began dressing. They noticed that Zhong Yi wasn't getting ready and paused in their actions. 

Confusedly Zhong San asked, "Why aren't you getting dressed? Aren't you coming with us?"

Zhong Yi bit his lip because he would love nothing more than to go with them. However, the entire Zhong Empire was in utter chaos because the Emperor passed and now the 'Crown Prince' was found to be of Long Empire royal blood and a traitor as well; the people would turn to the 'next best thing'. If he was the First Prince from before, they would disregard him. But the Zhong Yi Hai that stood in this 'waste material's' place was someone who had not only solved the late Emperor's death but looked like a beautiful fairy. 

There would be dissent if he left right now.

"I'll map out how you should set the troops to succeed with minimal losses. I need to stay here to keep the people at peace. You know that I must," Zhong Yi said before sighing with a wave of depression. He was scared that something would happen to his lovers and he wouldn't be there to protect them. Zhong Yi refused to think about those morbid thoughts. 

They began their planning and grabbed their army before leaving the City. Palace Guards were the only remaining warriors within the Capital. It went exactly as Zhong Yi had expected it would; the Officials turned towards him to take up his 'original' post and the Empress helped him manage the state of affairs. 

Five days later the battle at the Northern Border reached its peak. Zhong Yi was attempting to pay attention to what was being said within the meeting hall but honestly felt as though he was about to explode. They had held a coronation for him to ascend the throne and was officially dubbed the Emperor of Zhong. He honestly hadn't wanted this title; not happy one bit. 

Politics had never been intriguing for him. That's why he had worked on his electronics all the time instead of being their for their war discussions et c. When Zhong Yi became the Emperor, he abolished a lot of the stupid rules that had been in place; such as: Divorce being unallowed, especially for women to be the initiator or Gay Marriage. Although it was ancient times, that didn't mean that he wasn't aware of the stigma for gay people nor was he oblivious to how many people with power were meeting their gay lovers on the side. It didn't take a genius. 

A piece of his soul was watching the battle take off and he gripped the table roughly with his nails. He literally sat on the edge of his seat as he refrained from pacing back and forth like he urgently wanted to do.

"Your Majesty? Did you hear what was asked?"

"No," Zhong Yi said bluntly. 

The Official who spoke had a drop of cold sweat drip into his eyes as he explained again. "The people are wondering if you are truly stable. Shouldn't we think about ways to better out Empire first before thinking about ways to assuage a select group of individuals?"

"Are you questioning Us? Have We told you that it was your turn to speak?"

Zhong Yi glared into his soul and the Official immediately fell to the ground in prostation as he begged in mercy. After a few more minutes, Zhong Yi dismissed everyone from the Hall and quickly retreated. He wanted to be alone with his own thoughts for the time being.