009

Paxton Flynn

"You should invite him for the party."

"Me? Why on earth would I do that?" I ask eye wide at Ryder's incredulous idea.

"Because Dean throws the best parties ever." Landon says and I'm not sure he's actually listening to us talk.

"Why won't you? Didn't he pay up for all the broken things?" Ryder asked ignoring Landon as I did.

"So?" I ask not seeing the point she's trying to make.

"Paxton." She called whacking my head. "That's a big deal."

"Not to him." I say holding my head as I glared at her.

"Today he didn't show up at the cafeteria."

"I don't see whatever you're trying to make me see Ryder." I tell her, turning and noticing that Landon wasn't beside me anymore. He was talking to Caroline in front of her locker.

"My point is," Ryder starts holding my shoulder in place and making me look at her by all means. "He's seems like a lonely guy. He doesn't have any friend and you both seem to be getting along." I open my mouth to object and she shuts me. "- in the oddest was ever, I know."

"Paxton just invite him for the party, you'll lose nothing from it whether he agrees or not. I know he's annoying and a jerk but I think paying up for everything and taking the blame means a lot. I'm not saying you should jump right to being lovers. But a little friendship won't hurt."

I sighed looking at her and she takes that as my yes, smiling and walking away to her locker.

"Ry giving you some preaching?" Landon said appearing beside me.

"Not really. Just asking me to invite Sebastian to the party tonight." I answer frowning as I put in the lock for my locker.

"Are you?"

"Of course not, I don't have the guts."

"I know man, I know." Landon says giving a gentle pat.

*-*-*-*

I stood in front of the detention class, jumping from one feet to another. My first detention ever. With Sebastian Crown. Is he in there already? What's he doing now? Is he friends with other inmates? I huff at the word 'inmate'. Sixteen years and I'm already a criminal.

"What are you doing?" A voice ask and I turn around with a startled gasp.

I see Sebastian leaned down towards me. "God, you frightened me."

He smirks standing up to his fill height. "Why were you frightened? Are you doing something bad?"

"No. You just startled me that's all." I say crossing my hands in front of me.

He nods, hands in his pockets. "So, were you waiting for me?"

"No. I thought you were already inside."

"Then what are doing out here? Waiting for an escort or a parade?"

My cheeks reddened. "No, I was just thinking."

"Ah, thinking is good. Thinking about what exactly?"

"Why are you being so inquisitive?"  I asked surprised at him.

"I have no idea." He says then brushes past me, walking into the class. I count to five in my head before following him in.

"Mr Crown, Mr Flynn, you're late." The elderly man with scary bags under his eyes say as we enter the classroom.

"Um--"

"We were thinking." Sebastian says beating me to it.

"Thinking?" The old man asked raising a brow that looked heavy, even for him. "About what exactly?"

Sebastian shrugs, "beats me."

Deciding that we're just wasting his time, he close the book in front of him. "Alright then, but this is the wrong class. You both have a different class."

"Different class?" I ask and he nods walking out. Sebastian and I exchange a look and follow him, leaving other inmates behind.

The man lead us to a white door and opened it, gesturing for us to go in.  With cautious looks, I entered first followed my Sebastian. It was a small room, as big as a janitors closet with two chairs and a window.

"What--" I start asking and the man shuts the door, locking us in.

"What the fuck?!"

"I'll return in an hour time to set you both free. Good luck." He says from outside and I hear his footsteps padding away.

"Sir wait, wait!" I called, "what if I have to pee or have an emergency? What if there's a fire? What if-- there's an endless possibility of disasters that could happen in here!"

"Like alien invasion."

"Yes."

"Poison gas leaking in."

"Yes."

"Hunger."

I was about to say yes again before my brain registered that it was Sebastian talking. I turned to him and he laughs.

"God, you're cute."

I blush burning in embarrassment. "I'm not."

"That's not an insult. Its a compliment Flynn and you're not the one to say whether you're or not." He says sitting down.

"Um... thanks?"

He smirks tearing his eyes away from me.

"You're different today." I blunt out and he turns to me. "Cheerier."

"I can honestly say, its not because I got laid."

I smile, "and I can honestly say, I believe you. I won't believe if the reason is because you got laid."

"And why is that?" He asks raising a brow at my direction.

"Because, you've never mingled with anyone. You're like this island in school. Even to the cool girls."

He frowns looking at the small board in front of us. "That's because I haven't see a girl cool enough for me."

"Ah, " I say more to myself than him. "You're into girls then."

"Yeah." He answers giving me a weird look.

I chuckle, "Of course."

Silence falls between us and we're both staring at the board in front of us. I'm trying not to show the hurt that I feel. I knew he wasn't gay. But with Ry's talk, I guess a part of me had hope that maybe, just maybe he was gay. Now with the confirmation, it hurts. No more hope.

"Do you think this room was solely designed for this time of detention?" I asked.

Sebastian shrugged, "I don't think it's for the 'seven minutes in heaven' game, so..."

I chuckled, "Right."

"Do you wanna go to the party tonight?" I blunted out breaking another drenching silence. Sebastian didn't say anything and I continued. "Dean throws the best party and he's throwing one this night. He's parents are out of town which is not rare and he's inviting everybody. You don't have to come but it would be fun and Friday nights are--"

"Do you want me to come?" He asks breaking off my rambling. I calm down, breathing through my nostrils. Thank God he cut me off, only God knows where that was heading. I turned to him and he raised a perfectly arched brow.

"Yes." I reply, I try to conjure up a reason but my mushed brain comes up with none.

He doesn't say anything and I don't probe further.

-------------

is there hope for them both?😕

©CriticallyIntense