Chapter 35

I sink into the floor in my bedroom, leaning back against my bed.

"This isn't going to be good." I groan.

"I know. At least we'll be together." Brynn sighs, flopping onto the bed.

"Yeah, I guess." I mumble. "But we both know that's not gonna do us much good."

"Touché." Brynn smirks.

"You wanna spend the night?" I ask, tilting my head up so I can see her on top of my bed.

"Yep." She grins back down at me.

Brynn grabs her cell phone and proceeds to dial her mom and ask permission.

"She said yes." Brynn announces after talking to her mom.

"Ok. Let's just go and make sure it's fine with my mom."

We trot down the stairs and into the kitchen.
Leo and Cameron are all still there. I try to slip past them to get to my mom's office but of course Leo has to stop me.

"Hey Emma."

I spin around reluctantly with Brynn following my lead.

"Hi."

"Let's talk about next week." Leo smirks at us.

"Nah." I try to turn back around but Cameron snags my shoulder.

"Hold up Emma." Cameron pulls me back towards him by my shoulders.

"Cameron. Stop." I whine, wriggling in his right grip.

"Shut up blondie." Leo snips.

"You know, it doesn't insult me when you call me by my hair colour Leo." I shoot back.

He sticks his tongue out at me.

"What do you want?" Brynn sighs, leaning on the counter beside where I'm being held.

"I just wanna make sure you're not gonna tell mom about what's gonna go on here while she's gone." Leo says, crossing his arms.

"I'm not that stupid Leo. If you leave me alone, I won't tell mom what you people are doing." I bargain.

"I can't promise anything, baby sister." Leo snorts.

"Then neither can I. Now let me go Cameron." I pull my shoulder away from my brother and march out with Brynn hot on my heels.

"You're brothers are so annoying." She rolls her eyes as we make our way to my mom's office.

"Oh I've realized." I grumble.

She laughs at my response.

"Mom. Can Brynn stay the night?" I exclaim, strolling into her office.

"If it's ok with her mom." Mom sighs.

"It is." I sing and skip back out of the office.

"Your Mom is always so agreeable. When doesn't she allow you guys to have friends over?" Brynn chases after my fast pace.

"I don't know." I say.

———————————————————————

Very short chapter. Sorry about that. I just wanted a filler chapter. I'll post the next one with this one cause it would suck to wait a week for a really short chapter.