The Wingman Disconnects

[a.n. this update is a little different;
1. for all the times I butchered Jimin's love life in my stories 😂 y'all still salty so enjoy this as redemption
2. for answers, explanations, and developments needed b.w tae, ella, & namjoon]

w tae, ella, & namjoon]

Chapter Twenty-Eight

The nervous boy's hands run over the front of his hoodie. Baggy, white, and stretching long over his jeans, his hair hides under a black dad-cap, a messy style. Although his attire is generally casual, it's arranged in a manner to provoke others if seen. Park Jimin holds a bag, his hand holding it up to one shoulder as the other focuses on finding the courage to knock on the door. Your door.

It's been five minutes of him trying.

Finally, as his knuckles pathetically tap on the wood, his breath shakes when the door is flung open inwards. Breath, held again, relieves when noticing that it's you. Jimin smiles the best he can, seeing the kind greeting you shoot his way before stepping out into the hallway to join him. "Ready for your tutoring?" you ask, grinning. The boy nods, "Y-Yeah."

You giggle, oblvious to him knowing already as you go, "About that, I'm not—" "Pela," Jimin says, interrupting you with a gulp, "Yeah, I know. You didn't have to throw me under the bus like that." You go quiet. Jimin notices that you're probably thinking about Taehyung telling him, so he lightens the mood by bringing it back to his insanity about to cave in.

"She knows huh?"

You blink. Glancing at the handsome boy, you ask, "She knows what?"

Jimin's brows knit. "That I like her? She knows right?" You play tricks on him, pretending to say no and act unaware. Jimin's face pales and as he starts to stutter and rethink his decision for coming, you giggle, tug his arm to relax, and nod. "She knows you like her...and since you're here and she's okay with it...well...I'm sure you're smart enough to know what that means."

Jimin swallows hard. It's hard for him to process that result but he does so, with a raging heart. It isn't until you leave his arm and start to walk down the hallway where he panics. "Where're you going? You're not staying with us?"