Chapter 1 ✔

[Edited]

Present Day

I startle awake to the annoying sound of my alarm clock. I roll over with a groan of exhausted and struggle as I hit the snooze button. I push the blanket from over top my body and feel the goosebumps form on my skin. I look at the clock to see its 6:45am.

I sigh as I get up from my bed and slowly shuffle out the door to the bathroom to take a shower. I turn the water on and wait for it to warm up before I step in. I hiss slightly, as the warm water runs over my fresh bruises and small scraps. I slowly wash my body not to agitate the wounds anymore.

There was a loud crash of a glass breaking as it falls to the ground. I tense, standing frozen on the spot as I curse myself. I turn my head slowly to see my father staring at me with jaw clenched and hard eyes. He stood from his spot as he stalks towards me.

"You bitch! You're useless just like you're whore of a mother!" He yells as he grabs my by my hair. I quickly reach my hands up to try and pull his hands away. I hold in my cry at the sensation of hair being pulled from my scalp. He instantly threw me to the ground. I braised myself for the impact, wincing in pain as my wrist hits the ground. I yelp out in pain as he suddenly grabbed me by my arm, pulling me up once again. He punches me in the face causing me to fall over into the broken glass on the floor. I cry out in pain and look at my hand to see glass cut into my hand. I continue to sob on the floor as he takes steps towards me again.

"Learn to be more careful next time bitch! Now clean it up!" He spits out as he takes a seat back in his seat. Tears stream down my face as I try to quickly and carefully pick up the glass. I wince as the glass cuts my hand again. The pain isn't as bad as my throbbing cheek. I take a quick glance at my brother to see him just smirking down at me. I put my head back down and continue to clean up the glass.

I pull out of my thought and when I finish, wrapping a towel around myself and head towards my room. I opened my small closet and shuffled through my minimal clothes. I take out my black skinny jeans, a grey baggy t-shirt, and my black hoodie. I had to cover up my bruises, so my father doesn't get angry with me again.

I slip on my cloths and look in the mirror to see the bruises on my face and grimace at the sight. I'm almost use to it by now, but I still can feel the pain.

I head down the stairs to prepare breakfast. I make the usually scrambled eggs and bacon with orange juice. I pull out a pan from the cabinet and start to heat it up. I turn the oven on and pull out a sheet pan placing the bacon on it sticking it in the oven. I grab two glasses and fill them up before setting them on the table.

After I finished cooking everything I make the plates and seat them on the table just as my father's heavy foots steps descend the stairs. I stay quiet and almost groan in annoyance not seeing Anthony, meaning he is still in bed. I hold in an eye roll and walk up the stairs so see my brother's door closed. I knock and wait a moment to see if he will answer. When he doesn't answer, I slowly push the door open and see him still fast asleep on his bed.

I walk over to him slowly and tap him on his shoulder, trying to wake him up. He turns over and groans in protest.

"What the fuck are you waking me up for?" he mumbles in annoyance.

"Breakfast is ready," I whisper not to annoy him anymore. He mumbles a sting of curse words before pulling the blanket off.

"Okay, now get the fuck out of my room," he grumbles. I quickly exit his room and head down the stairs walking through the doorway. I grab my bag from the living room couch ready to leave.

"Emilia," my father yells from the kitchen. My heart does a little jump in my chest and I head towards the kitchen. I steal a quick glance at my father before shifting my gaze to the floor.

"Yes?" I whisper, trying not to squirm under his intense gaze.

"Don't talk to anyone. Don't make friends. Got it? You will go to school only and come straight back home. Wouldn't want to move again because of you," he grumbles as he continues to eat his breakfast.

"Understood," I rush out. I grab my bookbag and start walking towards the front door.

I start my walk, heading towards the school. It's about a ten-minute walk from home, so it's not too far. My father never wanted to teach me because, and I quote 'you ain't worth my time bitch and we don't need you stealing our car'. By now I'm kinda used to this treatment, ever since my mother left a couple years ago.

I pull from my thoughts when the school come into my line of vision and I release a breath.

"Here goes nothing," I whisper to myself, heading into the school building.

~~~~

Hello, again this is the first chapter tell me what you think. If it sucks or is great and should continue or not I probably will anyway but would like to know what you think.

Okay bye :)

Edit: Hope you enjoyed!