48. Mi corazón

You are someone who taught me how to laugh at myself, how to love the real me, how to stand up for myself.

You are beautiful to me love. No, not because you accepted me with my flaws, with the ugliness. But cause, you make me want to be better for myself and for you, not for anyone else, but for me and you.

PS: I love you.

- The Golden Girl

************************************

She felt suffocating.

Her hands shaking.

She let out a breath she did not know she was holding, sweat dripping on her forehead.

A woman immediately rushed to her with lots of brushes on her hands.

As soon as she reached near her, she started running the brushes through her face, a liquid substance covering her skin.

She heard laughters coming from the other side of the curtain and saw figures walking inside the room, grins on their faces.

They complimented on how amazing it was to walk on the runaway and she gulped the lump that had formed in her throat.

"Oh my God Faye, it was awesome out there, this was like a life time opportunity, oh my god, I just walked in Veronica Lockwood's gala. This is unbelievable." One of the models that she had recognised as Sarah came running to her and gave her hands a tight squeeze.

"That's awesome, I am so happy for you." Adrenaline rushed through her as she squeezed her back.

"You seem tensed. Hey, you are gonna do great hon, just drink a lot of water, stay hydrated, yah?" And soothing her back, Sarah left.

"Take deep breathes sweetheart and its going to be just fine." The make up artist winked at her, her hands adjusting the sheer dress Faye was wearing.

Yes, it was the day of the gala, of the day when she was presenting her own designs in front of the fashion industry. The show had almost ended and Sarah was one of the ten girls who was wearing the clothes Faye had designed.

And it was finally her time to shine.

Her mouth felt dry as she looked at herself in the mirror.

Sure she looked beautiful.

The dress was gorgeous. She had made it herself with her mom after all and well, it had turned out to be beautiful.

A black sheer dress. A dress that was enchanting and one would die to wear.

"Her mother is really proud of her. She's ambitious, talented, creative and is considered a beauty herself. And you just witnessed her creations. Collaborating with her mom, she is starting her career at a raw age of 17. The influencer and the designer of the new winter collection, may I present in front of you, the daughter of Veronica Lockwood, the heir of half of the fashion industry, Faye Lockwood."

And soon she was being directed to the runway.

Its going to be just fine, she said to herself.