𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐰𝐨

CHAPTER THRITY TWO( morning star, part ii )

CHAPTER THRITY TWO
( morning star, part ii )

Jace had left with Hodge—or Captain Hodge as had Jax called him, considering he was now one hand short, and after a lot of yelling through the short phone call, Alec and Jax were told to go help Clary. The werewolf then received a phone call from Izzy, asking them for backup which is why they were now arriving at Magnus' apartment.

But the moment they stepped foot inside, Jax scrunched his face in disgust as they saw Magnus kissing the vampire that was supposed to be helping them. "Magnus, you have horrible taste in women," Jax commented when the warlock pushed her away.

"Well, this is awkward.." Magnus trailed off, shoving her aside and instead walked over to the couple.

Alec, on the other hand, couldn't care less as he's now in full shadowhunter mode and went right to the point. "Where's the book?"

"I have it," the vampire said, coming forward and taking her place beside Magnus once more. She eyed the two newcomers, and when her eyes landed on Jax, the wicked grin fell from her pale face and instead narrowed her eyes at him.

"Lycanthrope. I must say I'm not surprised to see you siding with the Shadowhunters now. Werewolves have always been weak," she snarled, showing off her sharp fangs.

The hate between vampires and werewolves have been going on for hundreds centuries but Jax usually didn't pick up a fight with the Night Children. Although if they were the one who started it, then he'd happily end it by kicking their immortal ass.

"Oh yeah? Wanna see how weak I am?" he growled at her. "Try me, you ceramic bitch."

She let out a bitter laugh. "With that attitude, no wonder there's a prison cell with your name written all over it. Trust me, sweetie, you might be helping them now, but the shadowhunters would never let a monster walk around freely. To them, you're nothing but a dog that can't even control his thirst for blood—"

"You don't get to speak to him like that," Alec snapped, defending his boyfriend. A scowl was present on his face as he took a few steps towards Camille, and if looks could kill, she would be back ten feet underground in her coffin. "I've had enough of your talk. You're a prisoner and if you're only here to spew out insults then you're of no use to us."

Jax found himself smirking slightly in pride as he watched Alec defend him and talking back to the vampire. But unfortunately, Camille wasn't going to back down just because a Shadowhunter threatened her.

"Prisoner?" Camile scoffed in reply. "I beg to disagree. I'm your only chance at saving the world. You need me."

"And you need us to save the Shadow world because you're one of the idiots who live in it, dumbass," Jax rolled his eyes.