Chapter 31, Not worried at all

Amber rejected me

Amber rejected me. She rejected me again.

After English, I attend my other classes like a dog with its tail between its legs. The worst part, I guess, is that the whole book-reading thing wasn't even my mother's idea. It was all on me and it was a fail...

You'd think with the deal Amber and I have to find who killed her parents, she'd be a little more chatty. But alas, that's not the case.

I'm pretty sure it was Rhodes. That family-murdering bastard wouldn't think much of killing some Sterling members to gain control over Tygerwell.

After school, I immediately speed walk over to my black Bugatti. Lynch has to jog to catch up to me.

"Blake! Blakey, wait up!" he mewls.

"Ugh, get longer legs," I growl back.

Lynch isn't short, but besides for Calvin, Rhodes and I are pretty much the tallest guys in school. Lynch over here is just above average.

I slip into the Bugatti and Lynch lurches himself in like a dog that doesn't know how to walk.

"How was your day?" he asks as his usual annoying self.

"Crap. I read a fucking book for Amber and still, she refused to go with me to the stupid Northern ball. How on Earth are we going to win this bet? Last night she was with Rhodes at his bloody boxing match and I'm afraid the East might be in the lead. That fucking Rhodes has already kissed Amber twice!! And I'm on Zero. Zero!!!!" I rant.

I light a cigarette to get rid of the stress, but then Amber's annoying voice at the back of my head goes on about how awful smoking is for you.

"Fuck," I grumble before chucking the cigarette out of the car's window an into a puddle.

"That bloody girl will be the end pf me," I growl.

"Uhh... I have a confession," Lynch says with a wince.

I don't have time for his curly hair confessions so I speed my way out of school and sigh, "What is it, Lynch?"

Lynch stays quiet for a second before saying: "So... I wasn't really thinking and.... well.... AmberaskedmetothedanceandIsaidyes" he spits out.