10 ~ and I wish I never crossed it

The next morning, it was as if nothing happened. You didn't even want to think about it anymore. No one saw you.. no one had to know. It would blow over. It was nothing. Draco was disgusting.

You saw Ron and Harry walking through the corridors. You made your way over to them.

'Hi Y/N.' Harry said.

'Where's Hermione?' You asked them.

'I don't know. She saw us and just walked away.' Ron said.

You sighed and just walked away. You had to find her. She must feel like hell. You looked around and found her at the lake. You could have expected that. She was reading again.

'Hi.'

She looked at you. She past you a weak smile. You sat down besides her.

'Are you doing okay?'

She just shrugged and closed her book. She looked at you.

'If Ron would rather be with a dumb Bimbo then he has to date her.' Hermione just said. 'But then I don't want to be near him anymore.'

You looked at her. You actually got what she felt right now. No, you would forget about it. You didn't get her. It didn't mean anything, so why would you know.

'You know that you also can't be around Harry anymore then.. right?' You asked.

'I know.' She reacted. 'That's the sacrifice I have to make.'

You glanced past the people at the lake and saw Draco looking at you. You quickly looked away from him and sighed. He wasn't around pansy.. did you miss something? You didn't even want to think about it. It made you sad.

'What?' Hermione asked while looking at you.

'Nothing.'

Hermione raised her brows. She saw something about you. You knew that she saw it. You decided to just pretend like there was nothing going on. There was nothing going on. You had to remember that.

'What?' You asked her.

'You look equally miserable as I do.'

'I'm not miserable.'

She raised her brows again. You rolled your eyes sighed.

'Tell me.' She said.

'There is nothing to tell.' You said.

Draco didn't know if he had to go over to you to talk to you. He wasn't even sure if your crying was even about him and Pansy last night. So he decided to walk away. You looked into his direction and he was gone.

'There definitely is.'

'There's not.'

'Stop lying.'

You sighed and laid down in the grass. You stared up at the sky. You couldn't believe that this was happening.

'Y/N.' Hermione said.

'Stop it, Hermione.'

She sighed and continued reading. The silent treatment? Of course. You didn't even want to speak at that moment. She would only keep asking which drove you crazy. You didn't want to share anything. It was nothing to make a big deal off.

'Hey guys.' You heard Ron say.

Hermione looked up, stared at him for a moment and then looked back at her book. You sat up and looked at the boys.

'Y/N, are you okay?' Harry asked.

'Told you.' Hermione said.

'I'm fine.' You said.

The boys sat down and sighed.

'Ronnie!' You heard.

Hermione rolled her eyes and hid herself behind her book. Lavender hugged Ron from behind before sitting down besides him and kissed him. You weren't in love with Ron but even you had to look away. You coughed  uncomfortably.

They parted and Lavender held him like Pansy did with Draco. Did guys really fall for that? That was kind of sick.

'Are you guys okay?' You asked them.

'Perfect.' Lavender smiled while looking at Ron.

'I'm great.' Ron smiled.

'I'm doing better than you are.'

'Shut up. I'm just tired.' You sighed.

'Not true.' Hermione said.

You sighed and got up. You didn't even want to sit here and listen to them. You just walked away. You looked at the floor while walking through the corridors and bumped against someone.

'Hey! What's where you're-'

Draco stopped when He saw you.

'I'm sorry.' You just said before walking away.

Draco was slightly confused that you didn't take the chance to say something to him. To insult him. You even apologised to him and walked away. As if you'd rather avoid him.

Hermione walked past him and hurried after you. She saw you head into the girls bathroom.  You threw some water into your face and looked at yourself in the mirror.

'Y/N.. You have to talk about it.'

'I'm fine!' You yelled at her while turning around.

'You're clearly not.'

You sighed and rubbed your face with your hands. This was awful. You knew you had to talk about it.

'You can't tell Ron and Harry.. and you shouldn't think too much of it because it is stupid.'

Hermione just nodded and walked towards you.

'Yesterday Pansy and Draco came up to my room and they kissed.. It just made me feel horrible. I couldn't look at them. I cried and I walked out of the room to avoid them seeing it.'

'You have a crush on.. Draco?' She asked you.

You snorted.

'Yeah. But it'll blow over. I hate him. He sucks. He's disgusting.'

'I told that to myself and yet I've liked Ron since the fourth year.' Hermione said.

You knew it wouldn't blow over. You had no idea what you could do.

'I don't get it. He's a liar, he insults you guys all the time.. I don't get how I can like him.' You sighed. 'Maybe because of the way he stands up for me against Pansy.. his smile or that perfect hair.'

You really wanted to punch yourself right now. You hated this. Draco was no good for you and he definitely didn't like you. He only cared about hurting people.

'It's okay Y/N. You can't help it that you like him.'

'But why him?! Out of everyone, I choose the guy who is an awful person and who I hardly know.'

'You can't influence that. I wish I could.'

'Same.' You said.

What a mess. For both of you. Hermione was in love with her best friend and you with your enemy. You didn't know what was worse. You didn't care. It both felt so stupid. So awful.. So wrong.

'There's a fine line between love and hate.' Hermione said.

You could cross it both ways. Hermione crossed it from friends to hate.. and you from hate to love.

'And I wish I never crossed it.' You spoke.