FOD Chap 14.8

Chapter 14.8

On this day, Xue Jing Yi received an invitation from the Chopin International Piano Competition, which was the grandest tournament in the piano world, divided into the children's group, the youth group and the adult group. If you won the youth group championship, you would be unconditionally admitted to the world's best music college, Curtis Academy, and awarded a very generous scholarship.

Xue Zi Xuan, who'd won the youth group championship at the age of 12 and became the youngest student at Curtis, had made his mark on the world. He was hailed as the Piano Prince, and he had already succeeded in crowning himself. When it involved playing the piano, no musician dared claim they could play better than him.

He'd conquered the world with his superb skill and vigorous musical expression.

As his sister, Xue Jing Yi's application received widespread attention from the media and the music world's insiders. They had high hopes for her and wondered if she would be the Piano Queen. Of course, some worried that Xue Jing Yi's health might not support the brutal completion, so they'd deliberated for a long time on whether or not to send her a letter.

But Xue Jing Yi had personally called the Organizing Committee, insisting that she could adhere to the game, and in order to support his sister, Xue Zi Xuan had taken the initiative to sign a contract with the Organizing Committee to become one of the adult group's judges.

He was only 26 years old but he needed to review the qualifications of a group of musicians who might be decades older than him, it seemed ludicrous. However, when the news came out, no one objected to this, and every player who submitted an application to the Organizing Committee thought that having Xue Zi Xuan listen to their performance was a supreme honor.

The Organizing Committee finally agreed, and the invitation letter was issued to Xue Jing Yi. The tournament was held every five years, and every opening was very precious, so they naturally didn't appreciate absenteeism. It was particularly unfair to those who were unable to get in.

Xue Jing Yi was overjoyed, this was the only good news she'd received since Huang Yi came to Xue house. That morning, after Xue Yan picked up Huang Yi, she clung to Xue Zi Xuan and begged him to join her piano practice.

She opened the piano cover, smiling as she stroked the black and white keys one by one, as if life was once again full of sunshine and hope.

"Brother, can you help me pick out the songs I'll play in the game?" She took out a few music sheets.

Xue Zi Xuan stared out the window, silent.

"Brother, what's wrong?" Xue Jing Yi called out cautiously.

Xue Zi Xuan woke up from his trance, his tone indifferent, "Pick out your favorite songs to practice, I'll tell you if you should choose it after listening."

"Okay." Xue Jing Yi was very pleased, she placed one of the music sheets on the music stand and played a cheerful dance song. She did all she could to impress her brother with the piano, as if getting his praise was the most precious gift in the world. She wanted to participate in the game, not only to get into Curtis Music Academy, but also to attract her brother's attention, to make him see her efforts and excellence, and maybe even love her a little more.

Brother, are you looking at me? Please look at me! The cheerful dance song turned into absolute frantic sorrow. Xue Jing Yi's hands harshly pressed on the keys, tears leaking from her eyes. She'd ruined the dance song, and if things were normal, her brother would've severely reprimanded her, but now, he clearly hadn't been listening to a single note, still standing by the window and staring blankly into the distance, his back seemed so lonely.