𝐈𝐗. DETENTION

CHAPTER NINEDETENTION

CHAPTER NINE
DETENTION

§ § §

     I finished eating just as everyone was begging to leave to get to their first classes. I waited for the Slytherins then we all began walking to our first class of the day, Defense Against the Dark Arts. We entered the classroom to see Professor Quirrell writing things on the board quickly. When he turned and saw us, he jumped a little. I rolled my eyes and took a seat towards the front of the classroom. Draco was about to sit down next to me when a boy ran forward and sat there, grinning. It was Noah.

     "Sorry Malfoy, this is my seat today." Noah exclaimed, then dropped his Defense Against the Dark Arts book onto the table. Draco scowled at Noah and looked at me.

     "Well, Giovanna, I hope you have fun with Thorton here." He glared at me.

     I rolled my eyes and smirked at Draco. "Beat it, Snake Boy." I nodded my head to the seats behind me. He rolled his eyes and sat down behind Noah and I. I turned excitedly to Noah. "First DADA lesson of the year! I was looking forward to this class the most. I hope P-P-Professor Quir-r-rell is a good teacher." I grinned, mimmicking the stuttering teacher.

     "Hey, don't make fun of him." Noah exclaimed. I riased my eyebrows and after a second of silence we both burst out in laughter. I heard Draco groan from behind us.

     "Hey Serpent Girl! Keep it down." He mumbled from behind us. I turned in my chair to look at Draco.

"So I call you Snake Boy and all of a sudden I'm Serpent Girl?" I smirked and the blonde boy.

     "Pretty much." He smirked back. Noah cleared his throat, earning a glare from Draco as I turned back to face the front of the classroom again. Professor Quirrell had written Page 10 on the board, so that's what I opened my book to.

     "B-B-Before we st-st-st-start any fighting sp-sp-spells, we need t-t-to-" The Professor began to speak but I spoke, cutting him off.

     "Jeez Qu-Qu-Quirrell just write it on a piece of paper and I'll teach the class." I groaned, clearly making fun of the Professor. The Hufflepuffs taking the class with us Slytherins gaped at me in shock, including Noah. Hufflepuffs were all about kindness and respect, after all. Meanwhile, the Slytherins stared at me in awe. 

     Professor Quirrell was glaring at me. "D-D-D-" He started to stutter, but I cut him off again, knowing what was coming.

     "Let me guess, detention?" I rolled my eyes. Professor Quirrell just nodded sternly. He opened his mouth but I began talking again. "But there's Quidditch tonight- can it be tomorrow?" Most kids were staring and gaping at me still, mainly because I just told the teacher when I'll show up because of my schedule. I smirked.

     By the end of class, I had lost 20 points for Slytherin, but it didn't matter to me because I knew I'd gain them back somehow. I left the class with Noah by my side. "Up next I have Herbology, what about you?" I asked him. He frowned in thought.

     "Charms. But then later we have Transfiguration together!" Noah pointed out, and I grinned. "See you then!" He waved and hurried off with the other Ravenclaws to their Charms class. Pansy came on one side of me, and Zabini on the other. I raised my eyebrows.

     "Yes?" I asked them.

     "Giovanna, you have to stop hanging out with that Thorton kid. You're breaking little Drakey's heart." Pansy said mockingly. I looked behind me to see Draco talking to Crabbe and Goyle with an angered but sad look on his face. "You might not want to accept it, but it's quite obvious he has a crush on you." Zabini told me.

     "First of all, no he does not. Secondly, even if he did, how do I stop him? I mean, I'm a Potter and he's a Malfoy. If Voldemort was still around we'd be enemies. If I was in Gryffindor we'd be enemies. Him and Harry are enemies." Pansy thought about it.

     "Hmm... well, you could stop hanging out with him. Let his feelings die for you and grow for me while you live happily with Weasley! And then, when that's all done, you can be friends with him again!" Pansy cheered. Zabini rolled his eyes.

     "Or just don't do anything." He argued.

     "I'm just going to stay away from him. Our next class is with Gryffindors, so I'll just hang out with Harry and Hermione. Ron's mad at me." I told them. Pansy nodded and Zabini groaned as I skipped off to the Herbology gardens to meet up with the Gryffindors.