Chapter 6: Hold Onto Me

I may not be the smartest person, but I could at least confirm that my level of awareness was at least average. So, when both Velloa and my previous life's memories merged together, I could tell that the relationship between my Brother and I was not the best. I found that the siblings did not interact unless they found it necessary. Although, the lack of interaction may have stemmed from Velloa who seemed to have developed a bit of a princess complex due to repeatedly being told that she was the hope of the Imitheos house, and perhaps as a result, Virgil was not fond of her – also leading to Velloa not caring much about him in return. However, the good thing about the relationship as it stands was the fact that it was within my abilities to fix and mend. Virgil was a gentlemanly type, so even if he did not have any feelings towards someone, he wouldn't mistreat anyone extremely.

I think that but look what happened to Velloa in the game endings. He did fuck all to help his younger sister in all the endings and even caused one of them himself...

In any case, I figured that the Velloa and Virgil in the game didn't bother to nurture a good and healthy sibling relationship together, so I resolved myself to change that while we were still young children. As they say, continuously teaching children from a young age leaves deeper impressions that can stay with them until they're old. Therefore, I'm going to make sure that Virgil and I have a good relationship, and perhaps make it so that he stays on my side should Ariana (the MC) appear.

For the past few days, I drastically increased the number of times that I interacted with Virgil, hence why I had opted to observe his magic training, and also asked him numerous times to help teach me read certain books. As well as being a gentlemanly type, Virgil was also the scholarly type, so I made sure to engage with him with similar types of activities, for example accompanying him during some of the times when he did self-study. Even if we didn't talk, simply being in the same room as him provided ample opportunity for more interaction and for him to at least get more used to me.

Currently, I was making my way towards Virgil's magic lesson to once again observe. Lucky for me, I spotted him and the magic instructor walking down the main hall's stairs. Quickening my pace, I let my expression change into a smile and called out my Brother's name.

Noticing me approaching, both males stopped and waited for me. "Careful, you might fall." Virgil lightly chastised.

Listening to his words, I slowed down and stopped before him. Looking up into his azure eyes, I kept my smile and stretched a hand up to him. I must admit, Virgil's expressions and reactions to my attempts to get closer to him were amusing. When I had previously sat on his lap to read a book with him, his stiff and troubled expression made me want to laugh. At this moment, he had a similar expression, except this time it was laced with more confusion than usual.

After a few seconds, seeing how he really was unsure of what to do, I giggled and turned away from Virgil towards his magic instructor. Stopping in front of the young and handsome instructor, I may have shown a mischievous smile whilst repeating the same actions that I did to Virgil.

With a noticeable sigh, the instructor shot Virgil an exasperated look as he took my hand.

The instructor immediately changed his expression to a friendly one as he greeted me. "Good afternoon, Young Miss. I see that you're here to observe Virgil's magic lesson once again."

With a more normal smile, I replied. "Yes! I cannot wait until I can finally start my lessons!"

As I walked, hand in hand, alongside the handsome instructor, I dared not look back to see Virgil's expression. I may end up laughing if I do look. In any case, I hope you've properly learnt from your instructor's demonstration, Brother...

Ugh... Can I make it in time for Virgil's magic lesson? I thought for the umpteenth time as I glanced at the clock for the umpteenth time. Hearing a sigh, I turned towards the source. It was Ana - with her hand on her forehead and her expression slightly irritated.

"If your spelling and writing are all correct then I will allow you to go." With those words, I hopped off my seat and quickly handed the sheet that contained the words that I was taught to write. The words were easy enough to spell, the writing was the difficult part, but I'm only six years of age so my writing not being that decent should be expected.

I glanced at the clock once again, the sound of it ticking making me even antsier. After a while, I heard the shuffling of paper, I looked back towards Ana who seemed to have finished looking at my work. "Alright, you may g-"

Before she had even finished I was already halfway out the door. She will probably make me practice more etiquette later on, but I'm only six years old! Geez! Let me act out my brocon tendencies before I get too old to get away with it!

My steps reverberated in the hall as I sped towards the main hall's staircase. After a few turns, my stamina had decreased too much so I settled with a pace that was slightly faster than my normal walking speed. And so, just like the other day, I managed to catch Virgil and his magic instructor walking down the stairs. I stopped to settle my breathing a little before calling out.

"B-brother!" Oops. I was too hasty. My breathing was still uneven, so my voice stuttered.

Both males turned towards me. Virgil had a concerned expression as he glanced at me. "Did you run all the way here, Vell? Be careful, you shouldn't run down the stairs." He walked up to me as he chastised me once again.

Having finally normalised my breathing, I smiled innocently. "I wanted to watch Brother's lesson again."

Virgil let out an exasperated sigh. "As long as you're not in the middle of a lesson, I will pick you up before my magic lessons." I beamed. "So don't run around so carelessly anymore." With him three steps below me, we were at eye level. I found myself blushing at his gentle expression. Whoa there... I can practically see sparkles and flowers surrounding him!

While I was dazed, I realised that Virgil stretched out a hand towards me. His face slightly showing a blush too. "Promise?"

Oh? What's this? Has he learnt his lesson?! I found myself feeling a sense of warmth. Taking his hand, I enthusiastically agreed. "Yes, Brother. It's a promise!"

Virgil's face visibly showed his contentment. As we walked, I excitedly talked about the book that I had been reading. I held his hand firmly along the way. This is good. I hope this kind of feeling between us lasts...

----------CHAPTER END----------

Word Count: 1203    

Woop! See ya'll next chapter! :)