FOD Chap 14.13

Chapter 14.13

A variety of invitation styles were spread out on the table, and Zhou Yun Sheng and Xue Yan were carefully sorting through them. The sofa had a laptop, which was playing a piano song, it's unknown who was performing it, but the shambling sound was simply unbearable to the ears. Xue Lao Si listened for two minutes before losing his patience, shouting, "Xiao Yi, please turn off this crappy song, it's hideous! You're such an elegant person, able to play first class music, how can you love listening to such unsightly music in private? Who's playing like that ah! They dare post this online, how haven't they drowned in spit yet?!"

As he spoke, he handed the data on flower shops to the boss. Yesterday, he was just joking when he'd said he'd bring them invitation styles, but who would've thought, when he hadn't arrived by eight o'clock this morning, the boss called him and asked him where the invitations were, helpless, he had to hunt down invitations. These two deserved to be a couple, their 'whatever I say I'll do' characters were exactly the same.

"You've only listened for a minute, how can you have so much to say?" Zhou Yun Sheng glanced at him and grinned, then passed the antique style invitation to Xue Yan, "How's this?"

"Not bad." Xue Yan spread the flower shops' promotional materials on the table and smiled, "The wedding site only has multi-colored China rose, no Beach roses."

"Good, I like China roses." Zhou Yun Sheng firmly declared. They were not going to do anything big, just invite Xue Yan's close friends and important clan members to come eat a meal, then mark the family tree. China didn't recognize same-sex marriage, but Xue Clan had acknowledged that in ancient times, there were records of former patriarchs marrying a male wife, so although it took some twists and turns, they ultimately got their wish. From this, anyone could see how inclusive Xue Clan was.

"Oh, fuck me! The great immortal prankster turns out to be your sister Xue Jing Yi ah. Are you two really from the same mother? Why is she torturing that poor piano? Listening to her after hearing your music, I just want to shoot my brains out!" Xue Lao Si really couldn't stand the noise pollution, he'd stomped to the sofa to turn off the computer, his eyeballs almost popping out when he glanced at the screen.

"Some time ago Xue Rui hosted a birthday banquet at Fairview Garden, and he had his children perform a song. I remember feeling that the little girl was pretty talented. Her music was pleasant to listen to then, so why does it sound like she's playing with broken hands now?" Xue Lao Si forced himself to listen for a while, then asked, "This is 'My Empire'?"

"Oh, you noticed that?" Zhou Yun Sheng had switched on the surveillance cameras he'd planted in Xue house earlier in order to check up on Xue Jing Yi's situation.

"To tell the truth, I didn't hear it, I just noticed the score's name." Xue Lao Si glanced at Xue Jing Yi's awfully distorted expression, he couldn't help but shake his head, "Don't play if you can't play it, this is just self-torture." Because of Zhou Yun Sheng's influence, he'd gained a certain appreciation for classical music, so even he now knew what a significant and amazing composition 'My Empire' was, and he could also tell what level Xue Jing Yi was playing at. To put it bluntly, she was just barely above a beginner.

"She can't afford to not play. Since I've left Xue house, she has to replace me at the 10th National Summit."

"Pfft, they want to perform for the summit leaders at this level? Has Xue Rui lost his mind? He must be tired of living." Xue Lao Si burst into laughter.

"I'd like her to go, but Xue Li Dani and Xue Zi Xuan aren't idiots, they'll definitely stop her." Zhou Yun Sheng shook his head regretfully. He'd never intended to use the performance to destroy her, Xue Jing Yi might be crazy, but the rest of Xue family weren't, they'd never let her become such an international joke.