⌜ twelve ⌟

it was a sunny day

it was a sunny day. the temperature was just right, the birds are chirping, mark woke up at the right side of his bed seeing his baby sleeping soundly, and even the water in the bathroom is warm.

everything was just right.

after eating breakfast together with his son, he went out, breathing the air.

renjun honked his car trying to scare mark but instead, he saw the older smile at him

good morning renjun!❞ mark greeted his friend as he went inside the car

renjun gave him a look ❝did you eat properly?

mark raised a brow with a smile ❝yeah why?

why are you suddenly.. happy?

am i?❞ mark laughed ❝aren't i always happy?

renjun could remember yesterday that mark was all emo and stuff. ❝whatever makes you sleep at night then.

daddy is weird.❞ the baby commented as he was wiggling in mark's lap

mark was either too happy to notice his son's comment or just let it slide off.

minutes later, someone got in the car with his messy hair and a tie on his hand.

donghyuck greeted the both a pleasant morning and got inside the car.

wait. someone is coming with us, i mean if it's ok with you..❞ donghyuck said, stopping renjun from starting the engines

mark's smile disappeared after seeing a guy knocking the glass window at the driver's seat.

it was lucas.

renjun giggled at mark's sudden change of mood. ❝yeah sure why not?

donghyuck smiled and told lucas to get inside the car.

as soon as the car door opened, lucas greeted all of them before sitting down.

mark then remembered what taeyong and donghyuck told him about lucas yesterday.

his smile was back, ❝good morning lucas.❞ and greeted him

lucas flinched at his seat. should he be scared because mark's smile was scary or because he greeted him a good morning?

lucas nodded as a response because no words would come out of his mouth.

i want to sit on papa's lap!❞ mark happily gave chan to donghyuck

are you serious about calling me papa?❞ donghyuck questioned

the baby nodded ❝you are my papa!

🍼

chenle, jisung, jeno and jaemin stared at mark who is smiling while eating his lunch.

renjun just laughed at his friends' reaction and continued eating his lunch.

did he eat breakfast?❞ chenle questioned

he looks so weird.❞ jisung crunched his face

are we gonna die?❞ jeno was worried

is mark smiling a good thing or a bad thing?❞ jaemin tilted his head to the side

renjun placed his chopsticks down ❝it's been a while since he smiled like that.

where's donghyuck hyung?❞ jisung questioned

chenle pointed at the guy jisung's looking for at the main entrance of the cafeteria.

he was with lucas and they were afraid that mark's smile would disappear when he sees them together. well, renjun wasn't.

hey can lucas sit here with us? he's been telling me that he wants to join you guys.❞ donghyuck smiled and sat next to mark on his left.

mark's friends, except for renjun, was about to say no thinking that mark would have a bad day when lucas sits together with them but mark beat them to that.

of course!❞ mark scooted closer to donghyuck, giving lucas space to sit next to him

renjun can't help but giggle at his friends' reaction when mark said it was ok to sit with them.

after a few moments, the boys just shook the thoughts off and chatted with each other as if nothing happened.

why are you in a good mood all of a sudden?❞ lucas questioned

mark shrugged ❝i dunno, why did you tell me you're donghyuck's boyfriend when you're not?

lucas already guessed that someone, either taeyong or donghyuck, already told him that he is nothing but a friend.

the tall guy shrugged ❝maybe i just wanted to see your reaction. it was worth it.

mark stopped eating and turned to lucas ❝what do you mean?

lucas laughed ❝you looked like you were going to kill me. the whole time i was in hyuckie's house, you glared at me wishing that i would disappear.

hyuckie?❞ mark coughed at the nickname

yeah, isn't it cute?❞ lucas took a bite at his burger

mark scoffed. didn't he find hyuckie cute? is it not cute because lucas was the one who said it?

i think donghyuck itself is cute.. no need to use any nicknames.❞ mark said

the both could hear someone choking from beside.

it was donhyuck choking at his food.

mark quickly grabbed his water bottle not knowing that lucas was also doing the same thing.

it ended up donghyuck choosing which water bottle to drink.

here donghyuck.❞ renjun handed him his water bottle and smiled at the both.

donghyuck quickly grabbed  renjun's water bottle and drank it.

mark saw renjun's teasing face and he shrugged while drinking his water.

t b c