➳ 014.

"i was already expecting the worst."
k e n z i e .

"ma?" i heard, i turned around to see al looking more stressed than how nahmir was looking.

"al? what's wrong?" i asked. "why are you up at three in the mornin'?"

"i cant sleep." he said, and sat on my bed.

"why not?" i asked him.

"i gotta tell you sum." he said. "and you're gonna get mad." he continued.

"go ahead." i said, and sighed. i was already expecting the worst.

"kierra's pregnant!" he blurted out, and i smacked him upside the head.

welp, wasn't expecting that.

"fuck you mean she pregnant?!" i whisper-yelled. trying not to wake up kim or nasir.

"bruh, i ain't mean to nut in h—

"okay, i get it." i said, and sighed. "al, what the fuck you gone do?"

"mane, ion know." he said. "i guess imma just go with whatever she wanna do."

i sighed. "okay. just try and get some sleep, and i'ma talk to you about this in the morning." i said, trying to remain calm.

"okay, ma." he said, and hugged me. "love you."

"love you too." i said. "now get the fuck out."

"get the fuck out! lookin' ass." he mocked me in a high pitched voice, and did his spray-bottle soundin' ass laugh.

"shut yo ass up before you wake up ya brother!" i whisper-yelled.

"whoops." he mumbled, and walked out of the room.

kids. 🤦🏽‍♀️

➳➳➳

i opened my eyes, and grabbed my phone. i turned it on, and glanced at the time.

12:23 PM.

"mane, fuck my life!" i groaned, and rolled out of bed.

nasir was still sound asleep. thank fuckin' god.

"AL, SHUT THE FUCK UP!" i heard kim scream. nasir woke up, and began to cry.

why did i think having a child was a good idea.

i walked over to his crib, and picked him up. he sucked on his thumb.

"take your thumb out your mouth." i said, and pulled his thumb out of his mouth.

he started crying again. i rolled my eyes, and walked towards my dresser. i picked up a pacifier, went to the bathroom, washed it, then put it in his mouth.

he stopped crying, and a few minutes later he fell asleep again. i put him back in the crib.

i walked into kim's room to see her laughing at al, while he mugged her.