He's cheating on you (Doyoung)

You and Doyoung were talking in hushed tones as you were in the library. Your phone vibrated in your pocket, you fished it out and saw it was a text from your boyfriend. A smile appeared on your face after reading it. You whispered to Doyoung that you'll be going to meet Kai today, the information made a frown appear on his face.

"What?" You asked, confused by his reaction. His expression showed that he was deciding on what to do. He finally sighed and motioned towards the front door of the library.

"What's up?" You asked as soon as you were out.

"You should break up with Kai," he stated bluntly. You were at a loss for words.

"Wh-what? Why would I do that?" He looked troubled.

"Because... because he's cheating on you!" He whisper-yelled.

"No, he's not. Kai would never do that," you stated matter-of-factly. "Does Kai seem like the person who'd cheat on their girlfriend?"

"You don't understa-"

"No, you don't understand," you cut him off. "Doyoung, I'm really happy in this relationship. More than I've ever been, and you're trying to ruin it by feeding me lies." Doyoung looked as if you had driven a bulldozer over him. Oops, that went a little too far. But you couldn't just let him belittle Kai like that. "I'm leaving," you stormed off. You heard Doyoung calling your name but you didn't turn back.

Your date with Kai was going well until he had to go because something important came up. He apologized and said he'll make up for it.

You kept thinking about Doyoung the entire day. You didn't want your friendship to sink only because of a stupid thing you said. As soon as you picked up your phone to call him, the doorbell ringed. You opened to the door and saw a welcoming sight. Doyoung was standing there with a sheepish smile.

"I-" you cut him off again by giving him a bone crushing hug. "Does this mean I'm forgiven?" He asked.

"Doyoung, I'm the one who should be apologizing. I shouldn't have..."

"All is forgiven," he smiled. "But I'd like to take you out for ice cream." You nodded vigorously. If there's one thing you live for, it's ice cream.

Doyoung drove you to an ice cream parlor that wasn't too far. As you were about to open the door of the car, he held your arm to stop you.

"Wait for a moment," he said quietly. He didn't say anything else, only kept looking around.

"What is it?" You asked, completely puzzled by his behavior.

"Put on your mask," he said urgently while putting his own mask on, you did as he asked. "There," he pointed at something. You looked in the direction he was pointing in and realised it was Kai.

He was leaning against his car while going through his phone. A girl came running to him and hugged him. He returned the hug happily. They pecked each other and then drove off in Kai's car.

Saying you were shocked is an understatement. You felt Doyoung wipe a tear from your cheek but you could scarce remember crying.

"Do you want me to follow them?" His voice was soft and full of empathy.

"No, I think I've seen enough," you managed to croak. Doyoung nodded. "Just take me home."

You didn't know what to do. You realised what a stupid mistake you made by not heeding Doyoung's warning. You defended Kai, and what did he give you in return? Sweet lies and empty promises.

You realised you weren't outside your house. You were parked in a secluded area. "Where are we?" You asked.

"Follow me and you'll see."

"Doyoung, I really don't-"

"Come on, just for a little while," you reluctantly got out of the car. Doyoung led you down a stony path. Soon, the path was sparsely surrounded by trees and became less definite so it was easy to get lost. You followed him a little further and reached a small river. Doyoung went and sat down on the grassy bank.

"How do you find places like these?" You said as you sat down next to him. You didn't wait for an answer "so, why did you bring me here?"

"There's something I've always wanted to tell you but was never able to," he swallowed. "Anyone could see how happy you were with Kai, seeing you like that made me happy too. And that's why I never told you," he sighed. "I had seen him near that ice cream parlour a couple of times, that's why I knew he'd be there, and you'd see for yourself." When you started to say something, he continued. "And I never told you that, I like you, a lot." You just stared at him, you would never have imagined that Doyoung held those feelings for you.

"Doyoung-"

"No, don't say anything." He looked at you. "I understand you've been through a lot today, and I've just added to your problems. I want you to think about what I've said, and answer me in your own time." Silence followed after what he said. You both sat there for a good fifteen minutes, neither of you disturbing the silence.

The car ride to your house would've been silent too if not for the music. The tension between you two eased a little when you both started singing along to your favourite song. When you reached your house you said a small "goodbye" and you both smiled at each other before you went inside.

xxx

Thank you for taking some time to read it:)
Don't forget to vote if you liked it, it really does help.