Vol 1 Chap 15 - Silence Courtyard

Chapter 15

When they could finally see the large gates of Guilin Kingdom, Xiao Hua wanted to cheer! Her butt was saved from the abuse thanks to An Jing's comfortable lap; it was still tiring to endure a long journey. Xiao Hua did not know how An Jing did it, but she did not feel bumpy at all while sitting on her lap.

There were a lot of people gathering around to watch their carriage entering the city, especially after they recognized the symbol that told them the identity of the rider.

"That is the royal carriage!"

"Which prince is it? The Third Prince?"

"The Second Prince is back?!"

"Eh? Third Prince is not in the capital?" A male commoner asked and instantly got dozens of females glaring at him.

"How could you not know our Third prince had set off on a journey? Are you a foreigner?"

"What journey?" Another woman scoffed. "He went to get back our princess from Munzhu country. Tsk, Munzhu Country is filled with barbarians or else they would not even think of kidnapping our precious princess!"

"It was fortunate that our Third Prince managed to get the princess back!"

"I heard from a Munzhu merchant that the Third Prince had offered something to Munzhu's King in exchange for Princess Long Lian's freedom!"

"How bold! Those barbarians dared to make our honorable prince give them something? What did the Third Prince give?"

"A pearl that could only be found in the Xuanwu Kingdom!"

The crowd sucked in a harsh breath. They all know the Xuanwu Kingdom was famous for its luminous pearl but its production was not much, hence they were very stingy in giving out their pearls to other countries. For the Third prince to offer something so valuable to Munzhu King just to save Princess Long Lian had touched their heart.

From that moment on, the flames of hatred in the citizen's hearts towards the Munzhu's King increased.

At the same time, the ignorant King Munzhu sneezed continuously and was forced to drink plenty of bitter medicine from a concerned imperial doctor.

Their conversation was loud enough to be heard by Xiao Hua in the carriage. She did not know the importance of the pearl and just assumed that Long Lian and the Third Prince were loved by everyone. Even the Second prince was only mentioned one or two times.

"Everyone loves you, Ah Lian!" Xiao Hua said to the princess that was sitting opposite her.

Xiao Hua did not know how the princess had managed to change the Third prince's mind, but she successfully got permission to ride with Xiao Hua and the other inner maids. With Long Lian inside the carriage, the two younger inner maids, Tian Zi, and Tian Chi, did not dare to show their playfulness and squeezed beside An Wan despite the carriage had enough space to fill in ten people.

The whole ride was filled with silence and vigilance but Long Lian ignored the atmosphere and keep on getting Xiao Hua to talk to her. That action earned her a few glances of respect from Tian Zi and Tian Chi.

"Princess Long Lian is loved by everyone for her kindness and cheerfulness. She is generous in spreading her joy." An Jing did not conceal much of her adoration from her voice.

It took quite a long time before the carriage stopped outside the palace gate, which showed just how large the country was. The carriage's door opened and revealed Da Liu with his usual grim aura.

"Princess Long Lian, this servant is here to pass on the Third prince's message to have Princess to ride at his carriage to enter the palace to greet the Emperor and Empress."