"Why?"

-Cat-

It had been a few weeks since the incident.

I was sitting on the toilet seat, a stick in my hand with the bold plus sign on it. I was shaking, tears running down my cheeks.

No. .

I'm pregnant

I'm pregnant

I'm pregnant

There's just no way. .

I dropped the stick, covering my face with my hands. I exhaled loudly, wiping my cheeks and shaking me head. "Why?" I whispered, staring at the stick on the floor. "Why?"

My hands went to my stomach.

I'm carrying that monster's baby. .

I shook my head, sniffing and wiping my cheeks as more tears came.

I hadn't been taking what happened well. I didn't tell anyone and I hadn't been to uni in ages. I was failing and I spent most of my time cooped up in my room alone.

I was so depressed. I couldn't eat, think or do anything properly. I felt sick and I started throwing up every morning. I knew what the signs of pregnancy were. I took a test. I was pregnant.

"Cat?" I heard my mother call for me from the other room. I sniffed, wiping my cheeks before leaning over the sink and splashing water onto my face. I wiped it quickly and ran my fingers through my hair. I tossed the test in the bin before opening the door and closing it.

I walked a little and saw my mother with a smile on her face that faded once she saw me. "Cat? Have you been crying?"

I shook my head, "no, I'm fine." She gave me a weary look. She came closer and placed her hand on my cheek while examining my face as my breath hitched. "Are you sure?" She moved her hand away before continuing, "Cat, recently, I've noticed that you've been a bit sad. Are you okay, honey? You hardly come out of your room or talk to us. You can talk to me, I'm here."

"I know," I told her, licking my lips. "And I'm fine, don't worry."

"Cat-" she started, her face sympathetic.

"Mom, seriously!" I said with a smile. "I'm fine, really." She studied my face once more before sighing and giving me a smile. She leaned over and hugged me, kissing my cheek. "Good."

I smiled, hugging her back and blinking back the tears in my eyes. I couldn't tell her. I just couldn't.

Elena and Max came into my room, holding a plate of food in their hands. I smiled, sitting up and closing my book. "Hey guys."

"You didn't come down for dinner so we brought it to you."

I smiled warmly at my siblings. "Thanks guys, I really appreciate it." I took the plate, sniffing. "Mmm. .smells good."

Max looked at me intently, "can I have some?" Elena slapped his arm, "Max! It's for Cat!" I chuckled, shaking my head. "It's fine. Come on, we'll share."

They came on my bed and sat down and we started eating the lovely food that my mother cooked.

We chatted for a while and I found myself forgetting about what was going on and enjoying myself with my siblings.

But it ended when they decided to go play and I felt sad. I had no one.

I was curled up in my bed under the duvet, crying when my mother came in without knocking.

I gasped, sitting up and wiping my eyes as she closed the door, giving me a sympathetic look. "Cat?"

"I'm fine," I told her tearfully but there was no point. She shook her head, coming over and taking something out of her pocket. The pregnancy test.